Cusco Camber Plate Pic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cusco Camber Plate Pic

Found a good pic of the Cusco Camber plates for the Evo. There doesn't seem to be little else choice right now for me. What do you think Vorshlagers?

McCall

Re: Cusco Camber Plate Pic

I know nothing about AWD, but you cannot adjust caster on these cars? What camber numbers are people getting with the plates and eccentric bolts?
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by C3
      I know nothing about AWD, but you cannot adjust caster on these cars? What camber numbers are people getting with the plates and eccentric bolts?
      I have yet to find a camber plate that offers caster adjustment. Is it even needed?

I also haven't seen any crazy camber numbers with most folks running about -2.5 in the front and -1.5 in the back. Of course I continue to search.

The one tread I am finding is that most Evo coil-over kits come with their own camber plates so that's probably why I'm not finding a lot of choice in individual plates by themselves.

Did find another brand though. Here are the Works ones:

McCall

Comment

Check out this thread, I asked a related question on page 3 and got some answers. What you're saying doesn't seem to jive up with what they said.

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ownership+logs

Comment

Bearing looks to be undersized for the application. Look at the OD of the strut shaft bolt and the OD of the bearing housing. That's a pretty small bearing in that there thing.

Comment

Originally posted by C3
            Check out this thread, I asked a related question on page 3 and got some answers. What you're saying doesn't seem to jive up with what they said.

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ownership+logs
            The one thing you were right about is "some" answers. Wow and people talk about all the "tech" on that board there sure was a lot of chatter there. The only thing one dude mentioned was "Using the front camber bolts you can achieve 1.5-1.9 degrees of camber. But you can get -3 with all stock parts if you know what you're doing." Sounds like slotting to me. How was that different from what I said? I said between about -2.5 front is what coil-overed owners have said they run at the track.
            McCall

Comment

That setup begs for our E30 bearing holder and a new top plate.

Last edited by hancheyb; 01-02-2007, 11:46 PM.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                I said between about -2.5 front is what coil-overed owners have said they run at the track.
                Well then, if you can indeed get -3 with stock parts and you'd still like to pay for camber plates to get -2.5 go right ahead! I'll stick to the tire trailer threads.

Comment

(Price is Right annoucner voice): "You have all underbid!"

-2.5°? ...pshaw... not nearly enough camber for that 61% front weight bias machine. I'd start at -3.5° ad keep adding more negative from there. FUnK what the EVO forum "experts" say.

The "Adjustable Strut Tops" that come with most of these JDM-YO! market struts are garbage, from what I've seen. Little more than an afterthought. Most are adjustable for camber only, and they don't stray far the stock camber setting range. And as John pointed out, those bearings shown are itsy bitsy.

If that's the best that's out there, we're gonna have to make something more substantial, with more neg. camber range, and quick!
                  Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                  2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                  EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                    Well then, if you can indeed get -3 with stock parts and you'd still like to pay for camber plates to get -2.5 go right ahead! I'll stick to the tire trailer threads.
                    Cody I may be wrong but I don't believe that slotting your strut towers is legal.

Fair, I just mentioned the -2.5 as that's what the track wh0res and AS guys are running. The STU/BSP/SM guys don't seem to be giving up their alignment specs as easily. That's all...
                    McCall

Comment

Cody I may be wrong but I don't believe that slotting your strut towers is legal.

Fair, I just mentioned the -2.5 as that's what the track wh0res and AS guys are running. The STU/BSP/SM guys don't seem to be giving up their alignment specs as easily. That's all...
                      Slotting the mounting holes is OK. Slotting the big opening, not OK.
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                        Slotting the mounting holes is OK. Slotting the big opening, not OK.
                        Good info to know. All along I thought you couldn't modify a pick-up point.
                        McCall

Comment

Doesn't matter on the Evo. The top mounting holes are so close to the edges.
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Right, you can't modify the strut holes or upright, but you can modify the upper strut tower slots (but not the main round opening). Confused yet?
                            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
                            X