X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale - 2004 RX8

Spread the word!

Autotrader Ad
    Last edited by McCall; 12-18-2006, 07:19 PM.
    McCall

Re: For Sale - 2004 RX8

Originally posted by McCall
    Spread the word!

Autotrader Ad

**looks like the ad is down right now getting the price updated**
    The URL to Vorshlag no workie.

IMHOFTMOCISOTY,

I don't think you should link to Vorshlag.com, since potential buyers will just think it was a "race car" and "ragged" out, since a small % of the car people in this world even autocross and a smaller % autocross an RX-8.

I'd just link to a geocities or other free car page. I used to use brinkster.net because it was $3.95 a month for their cheapest site hosting. Or a link off duckfest.net would be better than a "tuner shop that promotes racing".

JMHOYTMV

AFAICRCIITICRC = as far as i can remember correctly if i think I can remember correctly

IMHOFTMCISTOY = in my humble opinion for the multititude of cars i've sold over the years

JMHOYTMV = just my humble opinion, your thoughts may vary
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it should be on vorshlag either especially since we bought the URL www.sportscarbroker.com
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Yeah, McCall. You should put a link in the ad to ht tp://www. sportscarbrokerawholelyownedsubsidiaryofvorshlagll c.com/carsforsale/mccall/mazda/rx8/rx8.html

hehehehehe
        "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
        http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Originally posted by duck
          Yeah, McCall. You should put a link in the ad to ht tp://www. sportscarbrokerawholelyownedsubsidiaryofvorshlagll c.com/carsforsale/mccall/mazda/rx8/rx8.html

hehehehehe
          Or http://pobox.com/mccall

Hence why I use pobox's url redirection, in addition to the email redirection...

Or tinyurl that, it helps filter out the people that were never going to buy it in the first place if they can't type it out

http://tinyurl/xj93do
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
            Yeah, I don't think it should be on vorshlag either especially since we bought the URL www.sportscarbroker.com
            I agree with your points but my good buddy (not broke-back style) Fair offered to put a page up for free-ninety-free for me (well I gotta help him hang lights and run wiring in his garage).

I'd love to use the sportscarbroker page if you want to try it. I'll change to autotrader ad over. Seriously, I'll either pay or work off the webhosting in the Vorshlag garage.

www.sportscarbroker.com/rx8 ???

either that www.duckfest.net/rx8 and I'll just pay Duck (or paint his dining room )
            McCall

Comment

I agree with your points but my good buddy (not broke-back style) Fair offered to put a page up for free-ninety-free for me (well I gotta help him hang lights and run wiring in his garage).

I'd love to use the sportscarbroker page if you want to try it. I'll change to autotrader ad over. Seriously, I'll either pay or work off the webhosting in the Vorshlag garage.

www.sportscarbroker.com/rx8 ???

either that www.duckfest.net/rx8 and I'll just pay Duck (or paint his dining room )
              Yea, we can host it on this new url... sportscarbroker.com. I will get the ad moved onto the new site... tomorrow. I'm riding in a car to Texarkana for a last minute customer demo tomorrow at 8am. Spent all weekend building protoype electronics for a demo today that now bled over to tomorrow on site. Ugh! So... can't finish the page for 24 hours... sorry man. You'll get more traffic after the ad posts in the mag.
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
              EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                Yea, we can host it on this new url... sportscarbroker.com. I will get the ad moved onto the new site... tomorrow. I'm riding in a car to Texarkana for a last minute customer demo tomorrow at 8am. Spent all weekend building protoype electronics for a demo today that now bled over to tomorrow on site. Ugh! So... can't finish the page for 24 hours... sorry man. You'll get more traffic after the ad posts in the mag.
                I just created the DNS for sportscarbroker.com and copied the /rx8 directory to it. Should be there shortly.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                  I just created the DNS for sportscarbroker.com and copied the /rx8 directory to it. Should be there shortly.
                  awesome. I just changed the ad using www.tinyurl.com/yykbx3 instead of sportscarbroker.com/rx8. That way I don't get the "you finance that?" phone calls since that name sounds so official and it's a bit shorter as I was running out of characters.

Mucho appreciato.

Also, if that's a big deal I could always use my own omacpackaging website since I'm hosting it myself. Man I'm a dork. Why didn't I think of that in the first place?!??
                  Last edited by McCall; 12-18-2006, 11:19 PM.
                  McCall

Comment

Don't worry about it. We bought that with the intent of selling friend's cars, our own cars, customer cars, and hopefully some day paying customer's cars. Thought was to make it specific to sports cars, set it up like Autotrader. Just a side project.
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

awesome. I just changed the ad using www.tinyurl.com/yykbx3
                      Just FYI, you can take the www off and save 3 characters, like http://tinyurl.com/yykbx3 or save 7 more characters and just put in: tinyurl.com/yykbx3

If the reader cannot figure out it is a URL and put it in a Web Browser, then the reader probably can't realistically afford to buy the car in the first place....and now you've duck-filtered them in a positive way.

Comment

I think tinyurls are too confusing for moderate or beginner web users. zzyzzxx yo! Don't discount these people so easily - they have money, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Mxyzptlk - there's a mouthful worthy of tinyurl!

Working on your ad now after a 12 hour bout with food poisoning. Man, I was knocked on my ass. It will be online at www.vorshlag.com/rx8 shortly. I will port it over to www.sportscartrader tomorrow night, too.
                        Last edited by Fair!; 12-20-2006, 04:03 AM.

Comment

ok, 3 am... page is done...

www.vorshlag.com/rx8

cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                            I think tinyurls are too confusing for moderate or beginner web users. zzyzzxx yo! Don't discount these people so easily - they have money, too.
                            I don't think that "yykbx3" is any more random than typing in the word "v o r s h l a g" --- an uncommon word most car buyers have likely never seen.

99 times out of 100 potential buyers, the people that can't go to a website or type in a URL *likely* do not have $18k in cash or credit approval to even buy the car with used car financing. It will usually be more hassle than the reality of a potential sale.

Now a $4k C a price or $4k Honda - sure, never discount those people, because, you're right - they have money and they may very well be the ones who don't have an email address, Internet access, and never even bought the local Autotrader since they flipped through it at the gas station and gave you a call and ended up buying it...happened to me!

Comment

WOW! Man Fair that website looks AWESOME! Don't change a thing. Now I feel bad knowing that you have soooo much else on your plate right now. I owe you big time. Dinners, garage help, money exchange, etc!!

I just checked my autotrader ad again and they changed it back for me to vorshlag.com/rx8 so that's the way I'll leave it. I'm guessing they don't allow tinyurl links.

Again, big thanks to Fair for the ad and Duck for website advice, his tripod, and the cool engine ghost pic

Now someone buy it!!
                              McCall

Comment

Working...
                              X