DSP Bimmers to stay in DSP for 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSP Bimmers to stay in DSP for 2007

Fast Track says DSP bimmers to stay put for 2007 and a restructuring of SP classes to be studied. This looks like a REALLY good move to me. Fix the problem... not just one of the symptoms!

Re: DSP Bimmers to stay in DSP for 2007

I love it. Not so crazy about BP moving to XP. That CF bodied RX-7 was pretty quick.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
      I love it. Not so crazy about BP moving to XP. That CF bodied RX-7 was pretty quick.
      That CF bodied Rx7 is on its way to South America if I read www.sccaforums.com correctly. The owner now has Scott McQueen's 3 rotor sprite

Comment

BP to XP shouldn't be much of an impact, but that BP/BPL champion car was "iffy". I couldn't figure out how that CF RX7 was legal for BP with so much of the unibody gone... do they have a tube frame penalty?

edit: GOOD news about DSP 325's staying! That's really cool. When 80% of the class at Nationals is one car, and it is clearly inferior to the BSP M3 entries, it just doesn't make sense to clear them out. What possibly could be the more important car for DSP? What else even has a shot in DSP except for a handful of oddball entries like non-turbo AWD Subarus and a 240SX??
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

I'm more curious about the overall SP changes. Could be very interesting...
          McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
            I'm more curious about the overall SP changes. Could be very interesting...
            Perhaps a melding of the too numerous and out-of-control-spending SP classes with the growing SM classes... ???

Blasphemy!!!

I still say the level of spending and prep in SP has exceeded SMod, yet the two categories share more aspects than any other. If the goal is to reduce the number of overall Solo classes, I could see a melding of these categories...
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Definitely too many classes. What would happen if all Stock classes had to run "street" tires
              Adam
              It's not so much the heat as it is the humidity

Comment

Working...
              X