Vorshlag Looking for Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vorshlag Looking for Help

This has been on the front of the website for a while, but I figured I'd put it in the forums too.

Vorshlag is on the cusp of serious growth, with several new product lines about to hit in the coming weeks and months. We need help developing these products, building development mules/race cars, help with new website work and graphics (front and back-ends), and would love to have a few proven hot shoes and/or deep pockets involved that are local to the Dallas area.

If you can answer "yes" to any of the following questions, feel free to contact us:
    • I have won a national championship. We prefer ones related to cars (autocrossing, road racing), but we're not picky. No junior national horseshoe champs, we're full on those.
    • I have ALMOST won a national championship. And by ALMOST won, we don't mean "if I hadn't hit 3 cones in the slalom I would have won" won.
    • I have TONs of money and I know nothing about cars
    • I have tons of free time and I work cheap, and by cheap we mean the occasional dinner, and by dinner we mean "Wendy's Dollar Menu"
    • I have TONs of money and DO like tinkering with cars, but I can follow orders like a robot
    • I'm great with web stuff, and again, I'm not motivated by money

If you are looking for free work on your car, free parts, free stickers, don't ask... we have plenty of those "volunteers". heh...
    Last edited by hancheyb; 11-15-2006, 09:57 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: Vorshlag Looking for Help

So you want 1) people with a lot of money who don't mind giving some to you, or 2) people who will do work that you will use to make a profit for virtually nothing? You may want to look into local colleges and/or trade schools and see if you could set up some sort of co-op plan with one of them...
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Maybe you should include what you actually want the potential 'new hire' to do. I get the impression you want good drivers with money... and that's all you want.

I can help out with some of that stuff... and as Teucci will attest, I'm actually very affordable

Comment

We're looking for someone to do web stuff that is fast, motivated, affordable and better than either of us (not a big goal!). We can't afford $150/hr work. A budding young web pimp could strut his stuff with the site work ahead.

We'd like to have some "known" and experienced drivers with various cars to help with development work. People that can afford to pay for their own parts and can be relied on to win, and yet are motivated to test and can follow set-up suggestions to a fault. Motivated people.

Sugar Daddies are always good, too! People that can afford to buy the best and don't flinch at the expense necessary to build a fast race car - with a stable enough ego to allow a hot shoe driver hop in to get the job done if needed.

Most of it is wishful thinking. We just have too much on our plates, little money to pay for some help, just a lot of motivation and new products to test. We're still putting all of the money back into the company so we're not looking for free help to make ourselves rich - not hardly. Just want this thing to GROW!

All of the successful shops we've worked with have gone thru this phase, and they all had some good volunteer help. You can't do it with just 2-3 people, and you can rarely afford to pay professionals to do everything needed. We operate on tight margins and little sleep.

And John - your help has been significant (drumming up business online w/o saying too much or starting flame wars; also prototype parts testing) and is much appreciated!
        Last edited by Fair!; 11-15-2006, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Well I have no Idea how I fit into this at all:

no champion , well besides making fun about civics

no money to spend

lets not talking about my html skils either

not living really close ,

well however I am willing to help, in however way.

If you ever need some german translation , posting on german sides , what so ever. tell me.

Just let me know if you need any help regarding Europe , which does not involve too much experince.

Seriously i am really willing to help you guys.

Flo

Comment

Well I don't really fit into any of those requirements, but I am willing to turn a wrench on occasion, if given a little notice. I also plan on using my copious amounts of vacation to make a few club events and see if I can be competitive in the G35 this spring since it has been decades since I've raced competitively and I haven't really seen much as far as how the G's will compete in their class. If that works out and you guys ever decide to branch the Infinity direction I am there for you.

Comment

Oops tried to add to the wrong thread the first time, then finally found the right one. Will there be any work going on 3-15-07? I finally have a free Thursday, and would like to drop in if there is going to be anything interesting happening.

Ready to get my hands dirty (or atleast tell other people how they're doing it all wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by jatoth
                Oops tried to add to the wrong thread the first time, then finally found the right one. Will there be any work going on 3-15-07? I finally have a free Thursday, and would like to drop in if there is going to be anything interesting happening.

Ready to get my hands dirty (or atleast tell other people how they're doing it all wrong)
                We might go to the Dallas Auto Show tomorrow night... sorry. Its only once a year!

We've been working super late every night for... weeks? Need a night off.

Comment

Hey, I won a national championship and I've almost won two other national championships!
                  2001 Jeep Wrangler
                  2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                  Front LCA Bushing Swap
                  E36 Custom Cat Back
                  M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                  Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                    Hey, I won a national championship and I've almost won two other national championships!
                    Don't make me add:

-Must not have ever quit and bought a Camry and/or a Bronco

I'm sorry that was too easy!
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Aw man! Hey, the Camry is gone, does that help?
                      2001 Jeep Wrangler
                      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                      Front LCA Bushing Swap
                      E36 Custom Cat Back
                      Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                        Aw man! Hey, the Camry is gone, does that help?
                        What replaced it?
                        -Sean Martin
                        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
                          What replaced it?
                          Probably a Yaris or a Fit

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                            Probably a Yaris or a Fit
                            I sat in a Fit in the auto show. It would have Fit if I had shorter legs, but a several inch taller torso.
                            -Sean Martin
                            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Dammit. WTH? I'm still not getting e-mail notifications! Ugh....

Anyway, not sure what might replace it, but I'm looking for something in the "beater price range" of $1500 so let me know if you see something. Going to look at an '87 325e today. Has 206k miles on it, but the A/C works!

I'll post a thread on it...

T
                              2001 Jeep Wrangler
                              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                              Front LCA Bushing Swap
                              E36 Custom Cat Back
                              Diff Swap

Comment

Working...
                              X