SCCA/TMS event Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA/TMS event Sunday

Man, you guys missed OUT! Weather wasn't as bad as it looked. Most of the rain missed TMS. Amy got mostly dry runs, Terry got one in, I got JACK for dry runs, but I think it was great practice for Topeka. After all, that's typically the conditions anyone can have. Drying conditions, dry conditions, wet, almost wet. We got to see it all! I was the wet run champion. I SMOKED Fair and Tim. hehe Best of all, it stopped raining to put on the tires and take them off again.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: SCCA/TMS event Sunday

yep, one lucky rungroup had almost all of their runs in the dry but we all got to practice asphalt in wet and semi-wet conditions. Heard a lot of excuses for no shows, including this doozy:

"I didn't go because I didn't want to take (perpetual no show girlfriend) to a rain event."

You regulars were all missed. And ridiculed. Publically. Over the P.A. system.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
      yep, one lucky rungroup had almost all of their runs in the dry but we all got to practice asphalt in wet and semi-wet conditions. Heard a lot of excuses for no shows, including this doozy:

"I didn't go because I didn't want to take (perpetual no show girlfriend) to a rain event."

You regulars were all missed. And ridiculed. Publically. Over the P.A. system.
      Yea, in hindsight I'd wish we had gone but I didn't have the motivation to load the car on the trailer in the pouring down rain.

We did get a lot of stuff done around the house though...
      McCall

Comment

I was loaded up and ready to go. I debated for a good half-hour in pretty heavy lightning. The forecast and radar didn't look good, and my tires are under 2/32 (new ones should arrive today), so I went back to bed. Oh well, it could've been miserable, too.

Brian

Comment

It did look rather dicey early on, but it cleared up several times for hours, and the lot completely dried more than once. It had been so long since we actually ran in the wet in North Texas that it was hard to get back into wet driving mode.

Our later wet run times compared very favorably to others, which was good, but dry runs were hit or miss (Amy got 2, I got 1, Hanchey got 0) so the overall results were very skewed. Oh well, it was very valuable seat time. Also scrubbed in a fresh set of Yokohamas - minutes before it rained again.

Hopefully this wet driving experience will NOT come in handy next week in Topeka.

Comment

Work it, girl!

Comment

I was on an airplane between Denver and Houston. I flushed the toilet right as I flew over... you sure that was rain

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                I was on an airplane between Denver and Houston. I flushed the toilet right as I flew over... you sure that was rain
                <Cues in McCall - the "'Golden' Boy">
                Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                  <Cues in McCall - the "'Golden' Boy">
                  Hey! I wasn't even there!!!
                  McCall

Comment

Working...
                  X