• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMWCCA Event, Saturday, August 19th

Who's in? I'll be signing up soon....

www.dlbracing.com
    www.lscbmwcca.org

- Dean in FARgo
    Last edited by Dean!; 08-10-2006, 08:54 PM.
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Re: BMWCCA Event, Saturday, August 19th

Man, y'all missed an awesome course. We saw 1.28g on the DL-1. Added toe in the rear, seemed to help a lot. The car was so hooked up I can't believe it. Wish it was that good at the Pro. I think we'd have been closer to the Launch Kings. 1:30 second course. Terry and I were almost the fastest BMW and overall and we were on street tires. I think the car is working!

I think MW is getting bumpier due to dry weather. In fact, I have never seen it that bumpy. 3 Way Ext. res to the rescue!

Where we set up the skidpad in January is now off limits it is SO BUMPY over there.
    Last edited by hancheyb; 08-20-2006, 06:01 PM.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
      Man, y'all missed an awesome course. We saw 1.28g on the DL-1. Added toe in the rear, seemed to help a lot. The car was so hooked up I can't believe it. Wish it was that good at the Pro. I think we'd have been closer to the Launch Kings. 1:30 second course. Terry and I were almost the fastest BMW and overall and we were on street tires. I think the car is working!

I think MW is getting bumpier due to dry weather. In fact, I have never seen it that bumpy. 3 Way Ext. res to the rescue!

Where we set up the skidpad in January is now off limits it is SO BUMPY over there.
      Damn that is a lot of grip. Isn't that about what you have seen when logging race tires with the DL1?

Comment

Pics: http://www.vorshlag.smugmug.com/gall...408/1/89544838

Course map:

Small turn-out:

Track-side stud kit sale and installation:

Can you tell it was HOT??
        Last edited by Fair!; 08-21-2006, 03:27 PM.
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

...Pos. Class #......Driver ............Car..........Raw Time .....
          • 1m Z 62 Jim Harris 2005 Mitsubishi Evo Red 121.459
          • 2m G 61 Mark Yujuico 1998 Bmw M3/4 Black 123.571
          • 3m F 159 Brian Hanchey 1997 Bmw M3 Silver 124.138
          • 4m F 82 Matthew Dashiell 1997 Bmw M3/4 Black 125.032
          • 5m F 59 Terry Fair 1997 Bmw M3 Silver 125.136
          • 6m Z 64 Michael Vasey 2005 Subaru Sti Silver 125.560
          • 7m F 3 Bruce Levi 2003 Bmw Z4 Black 125.667
          • 8m F 5 Fernando Mujica 1997 Bmw M3 Black 125.984
          • 9m G 91 Mark Williams 1988 Bmw M3 Black 126.233
          • 10m G 41 Brian Beckett 1988 Bmw M3 Red 126.531
          • 11m Z 8 Dean Yamada 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Frc White 126.543

46 entries. With consant downed cones and huge tire wear on each run, we kept our runs where cones were down, throwing an arm to try to get the sleepy corner workers to realize that the downed cones were not ours. It burned us, as Hanchey got penalized with a BS cone on his 123.8 run and I got a few I doubted as well (my best raw was 124.3 but I know I nipped one on that run). Oh well, still had a blast, and we beat a lot of people on R compounds. A lot more people in that club have gone to to Kumhos and stickies lately... we have to step up next year. BimmerBeater to the rescue!
          Last edited by Fair!; 08-21-2006, 05:20 PM.
          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by instigator
            Damn that is a lot of grip. Isn't that about what you have seen when logging race tires with the DL1?
            285 Kumhos are good for 1.35-1.4g.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
              285 Kumhos are good for 1.35-1.4g.
              What is Mark Y running? 255 something?

Comment

Victoracer V700. Probably the best tire for out there IMO.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

You think V700 is better than V710? Doesn't that go against what everyone else is saying/seeing?

Comment

You think V700 is better than V710? Doesn't that go against what everyone else is saying/seeing?
                    I think it is the best reasonable tire for BMW events at MW. Yes, 710s are ultimately better tires. I think a R6 might be better, road race compound.
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

You get my point though, right? I keep hearing about how your only on street tires and he was on race tires, but since when do 700s pull more than 710s at MW? If a 285 710 is pulling 1.35 and you're pulling 1.28 on a 255ish street tire, the tires must not be too much of a handicap. Besides, Mark Y wasn't on 285s anyway. I'd guess the grip level is very similar. Wouldn't you?

Comment

You get my point though, right? I keep hearing about how your only on street tires and he was on race tires, but since when do 700s pull more than 710s at MW? If a 285 710 is pulling 1.35 and you're pulling 1.28 on a 255ish street tire, the tires must not be too much of a handicap. Besides, Mark Y wasn't on 285s anyway. I'd guess the grip level is very similar. Wouldn't you?
                        Sorry, I wasn't in the mood to type out what I meant. Yes, 710s are the ultimate tire and pull the most g's. 700s don't pull more g's than 710s. I meant dollar for dollar, I like 700s better for MW.

And no, I'd think V700s would have pulled more than Neovas. If you look historically, we have beat Mark Y any time we were on Kumhos. Even 0.05g is a big difference on a 1:30s course. He beat us by 3/10s on my good run. Look at the leap that Jim's car with 1.35+g's did, over 2 seconds on us with a 1:30s course. And remember 1.28g is PEAK plus Neovas are pretty greasy by the end of a run that long. Kumhos would do better. Neovas are still not R compounds IMO. Certainly close though.
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                        X