SCCA Practice Sunday Aug 13th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA Practice Sunday Aug 13th

Looks like just Paul, MeL, and I are signed up for the SCCA practice this weekend at the bus lot. Anyone eles going?
    McCall

Re: SCCA Practice Sunday Aug 13th

My dad is here and will be going too!
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I'll be there.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
        My dad is here and will be going too!
        My dad will be there, but I won't. I have the privilege of having our baby all to myself this weekend. Unfortunately he's not old enough to come out there yet and missing his afternoon nap is not an option.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
          My dad will be there, but I won't. I have the privilege of having our baby all to myself this weekend. Unfortunately he's not old enough to come out there yet and missing his afternoon nap is not an option.
          Bummer. Couldn't you just set up his crib under the trees? Emily doesn't have to know!!! muuuhahahhahaha!!!
          McCall

Comment

What a pansy. My sister took her first child to Russia when he was 6 months old. Didn't hurt him any. You know you have friends that will watch him and your dad will be there. What is he, chop liver?

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
              I'll be there.

Brian
              Sweet man. See ya out there!
              McCall

Comment

What a pansy.
                Hey Paul, why don't you bring your girlfriend out there?
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Hey Paul, why don't you bring your girlfriend out there?
                  Oh, Snap!
                  -Sean Martin
                  2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

There is no "oh snap" SeanT. She isn't preventing me from racing now is she.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

There is no "oh snap" SeanT. She isn't preventing me from racing now is she.
                      Paul, I'm sorry that you'll never understand the "ins and outs" of a good marriage and raising kids. Compare me against anyone do both those things and you'll see I spend an extraordinary amount of time autocrossing. Sorry I didn't choose to be at this one so you'd (selfishly) have someone to compare times against. That's your only reason for the personal digs on me.
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

and now back ON TOPIC, the practice was sorely needed for MeL and I today. We got there about 8:45 and we didn't leaving till after 3:00. It was great time spent.

We spent most of the morning doing the skid pad and we played with tire pressures and Paul's pyrometer. After getting those in line and the front shocks set were I liked, we headed over to the 9-cone slalom. This is were I wish we would have had a stop watch or data aquisistion. We just spent a bunch of time working on techniques and MeL really make huge improvements. Both of us feel much more comfortable running them as we were able to get some good feedback from others there.

After lunch we moved over to the main 28ish second course and tried to bring what we have learned to the course. Even though the car felt pretty netural on the skid pad and on the slalom, it pushed pretty bad on the course. This is the same handling characteristic we experienced last time we ran at TMS. Since I'm not 100% confident in my driving right now, I had Tim and Jerry drive the car and both of them experienced the same thing (and ran the same times I did) and suggested I make a change to the car's set-up.

Since it was late in the afternoon and like a billizooon degrees, we opted not to do anything today but I know exactly what I want to do. I will keep the tire pressures and shocks exactly the same but stiffen the rear swaybar. I'm hoping if I can get the rear end of the car to rotate a bit better at turn in (kind of how fwd car guys do it) I can easy catch the car, keep my speed up by using less brakes, and make the turn faster. We'll see how it goes.

So are we still having the Vorshlag practice on Aug 26th?
                        Last edited by McCall; 08-14-2006, 10:40 AM.
                        McCall

Comment

Paul, I'm sorry that you'll never understand the "ins and outs" of a good marriage and raising kids. Compare me against anyone do both those things and you'll see I spend an extraordinary amount of time autocrossing. Sorry I didn't choose to be at this one so you'd (selfishly) have someone to compare times against. That's your only reason for the personal digs on me.
                          Na, I just selfishly wanted your company. Sorry, next time I will do without and not complain.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Yes, Jason, the practice is still on for the 26th. Andy is confirmed, altho he's been on the road for 5 weeks so you never know if something will come up.
                            Brian Hanchey
                            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                            X