Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Autocross August 26th

Hey guys,
    Vorshlag was going to host a practice event August 26th at Mineral Wells. We never really got around to promoting it. I think what we'd like to do is just cover the costs of it. Is anyone interested? I probably can just cancel it, but I'd personally like to get some seat time, skidpad time, etc.

B
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: Practice Autocross August 26th

I'm interested. I haven't started the race car since the MW Pro...won't be winning Nats without clearing the cobwebs. I'm running the TnT at TMS this weekend, as well.

And if anyone needs a test driver, I'm always happy to help get rid of excess rubber.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
      I'm interested. I haven't started the race car since the MW Pro...won't be winning Nats without clearing the cobwebs. I'm running the TnT at TMS this weekend, as well.

And if anyone needs a test driver, I'm always happy to help get rid of excess rubber.

Brian
      Great. It is now worth it!

And I should say if any one knows other Nationals attending people that want to participate, have them contact me.
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

count me in !!!!
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

MeL and I are in.
          McCall

Comment

Andy just emailed me. He can NOT make it up here so we're without timers. It is still work going to me, hope everyone else feels the same?
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
              Andy just emailed me. He can NOT make it up here so we're without timers. It is still work going to me, hope everyone else feels the same?
              I'm still in as long as we can use the DL-1. That and we should pick up some good stop watches
              McCall

Comment

Since my spring perches are screwed up (cheap aluminum junk) and I'm too poor to order new ones (even though Turner is going to reimburse me when I send them back), Fair recommends I not autocross my car. Anybody willing to give me a ride out there? I will pay half of the gas. Anybody else willing to let me drive there car for a lap or two?
                -Sean Martin
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

What time will everyone be there?

I'm working on a timer. At this point, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance I'll have something working. I'm no electronics guru, but I have a working laser pointer and phototransistor setup that I can read via a serial port. I need to finish up some software and then the critical part -- physically implement the sensor.

If anyone has a laptop with a serial port and MS Access (2000+) that they could bring as a backup, that might prove useful. The one I'm using has a history of hard drive problems.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
                    What time will everyone be there?

I'm working on a timer. At this point, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance I'll have something working. I'm no electronics guru, but I have a working laser pointer and phototransistor setup that I can read via a serial port. I need to finish up some software and then the critical part -- physically implement the sensor.

If anyone has a laptop with a serial port and MS Access (2000+) that they could bring as a backup, that might prove useful. The one I'm using has a history of hard drive problems.

Brian
                    Oh snap! I have a laptop with Access and serial port. I'm shooting to be there at 8AM. I don't want to spend all day out there. Can we wrap up by 2P?

Redwood: I'm bringing the white car so you can try it out.
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                      Oh snap! I have a laptop with Access and serial port. I'm shooting to be there at 8AM. I don't want to spend all day out there. Can we wrap up by 2P?

Redwood: I'm bringing the white car so you can try it out.
                      I have a pretty nice power inverter if that will help as well.

We'll try and get there around 8 as well. And Redwood I'd offer you a drive but even I barely have enough headroom in the 8
                      McCall

Comment

the german rental car racing team wont make it due to some costum problems with a non turbo evo.

have fun

Comment

Originally posted by the german kid
                          the german rental car racing team wont make it due to some costum problems with a non turbo evo.

have fun
                          FLO!!! Great to see ya here man!

As far as the practice, big thanks to the Vorshlag guys. Even though it was "Outback" hot, we got some great practice in as we slowly try and get the RX8 up to speed with everyone else.

*edit* Also big thanks to Fitz for the great timers!!!

Also also, next time if possible want to set up the course as I have a few ideas I want to try.
                          Last edited by McCall; 08-27-2006, 10:06 PM.
                          McCall

Comment

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/1822933 - pics!

Thanks to all 6 of you that showed up, we had a blast. Temps started at "Warm" 85°F and then progressed to "reasonably hot" 96°F and ended the afternoon in the "Africa hot" 111°F range... but it was still a blast.

The car swapping was rampant and an impromptu "White M3 Challenge" was a total blast. Fitz took home the Challenge gold, with a cone snaring Hanchey's slightly faster run, in the car affectionately called "whitey". Dang thing handled pretty well - with the full AST kit but crappy Yokohamas it was still capable of relatively fast times.

Fitz himself was the hero with a scratch built "LASER" timing system that worked flawlessly all day! (check out the sunglasses on the optics!) The laptop timing display was completely hands free and trouble free, making for great data to go along with the extensive pyrometer and DL-1 data taken that day. He also took TTOD by just a few hundredths...

We had four course elements: 150' diameter skidpad, 9 cone slalom (60' spacing), Figure 8 track (thanks to McCalls for setting it up), and a 26 second hot-lapping course similar to the one we ran at the last Test-N-Tune (thanks to Fittz and Hanchey for setting that one up).

My camera was set on the wrong "speed" so my pictures all look like dung. Anyone else get some pics from this event? Please share em.
                            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Front drivers side tire after practice.
                              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                              X