Went to DFW Auto Auction today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to DFW Auto Auction today

A friend of mine has a dealer's license and I went with him to an auction today. Man, it was pretty neat! This was primarily a luxury car lease turn-in auction. MB, Saab, Volvo, Porsche, VW, Audi. No BMWs really. They use a different auction for their lease turn ins. Altho I got in and started a 4.8is X5. OOOH, that sounds mean. There were 5 lanes and cars auctioning what seemed to be every 30 seconds. Crazy!

Three 911 Turbos went thru. The one I saw didn't meet the minimum $72k bid. Darn it. I was about to put in a $69.5 bid. There was a '03 M3 SMG there. I didn't get to see it go through, but apparently they go for around $33k based on historical data. Jeff's friend wanted a '03 E500 and bought a really nice one for $27k. Retail is $38k. Not bad! Altho, it was from Jersey and had snow tires?
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: Went to DFW Auto Auction today

Good price for an '03 M3! They don't really go below $32K from what I've seen on autotrader. You can either get a high milage '01 for $32K or a MUCH lower mileage newer one for a few grand more.
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
    X