New Vorshlag products?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vorshlag products?

This thread, in the PRIVATE section, is for you guys to comment on some new parts we might be carrying. Here are pictures of some suspension products we have received that it looks like we could be selling...

Please, DO NOT LINK THESE ELSEWHERE or show them to ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE PRIVATE FORUM MEMBERS. Thank you.

Vorshlag has a potential for an exclusive distributorship of these and many other suspension parts from a high quality European based company, and we want to get input from you guys before we dive in any deeper.

To preemptively answer some of your questions, this company makes:
    • shocks, coil-over struts, coil-over and beehive (rear) springs, camber plates, rear shock adjusters and shock mounts
    • the coil-over struts come in 4 levels, from cheap twin tubes, single adjustable monotunes, single adjustable monotunes inverted, and 3-way adjustable with external reservoir
    • all parts are made to stringent German "TUV standards". Those "helper" springs on the strut picture above are part of a TUV standard (to never allow a spring to become unsteated at full suspension droop)
    • they have no U.S. distributorship
    • they make shocks for damn near everything...

We might meet for dinner one night this week for a show-and-tell, so you can put your hands on the parts and see them in person. They look NICE.

Comments?
    Last edited by Fair!; 07-23-2006, 12:58 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: New Vorshlag products?

How will you differentiate their camber plates from yours? Price? When will we start seeing Vorshlag ads in Roundel and GRM?
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Originally posted by duck
      How will you differentiate their camber plates from yours? Price? When will we start seeing Vorshlag ads in Roundel and GRM?
      Since those gold plates do not do caster adjustment, we would sell them at a lower price than our M-Force plates. ($50-100 less)

As for magazine ads, that's something we're working up to. An ad run of 6 months is usually what it takes for any sort of reaction, and that's in the thousands of dollars - for each magazine. Not quite there yet.

We're looking instead to advertise on a few key BMW forums, starting August 1st. We'll send out a link to the banner ad when they hit (I'm working on that final graphic right now). Much more reasonable pricing, track-able demographics and page view counters. Website ad banners are largely ignored, but on very specifically targeted motorsports forums they could still work. We'll see.

Comment

BMW forum website banner:

This is the final draft of the new ad banner. This took dozens of iterations, changes, etc. When we get better pictures of the wheel studs (47, 60 + 80 in the same shot) and pictures of production motor mounts (aluminum on the prototype shown is not anodized) I will update it.

I had to keep the file size as small as possible (first versions started at 215kb, final came in at 57kb) with as much information as possible. I had crazy graphic backgrounds in earlier versions but they took up too much space.

Remember: these ad banners will only be on BMW forums, so they should know what "E36" and "RTAB" and those other terms mean.
        Last edited by Fair!; 07-23-2006, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Let me know when y'all advertise on bf.com and I'll update my sig there to reflect your banner. No, I don't visit there anymore, but I've got several threads and continue to see lots of traffic over there....

T
          2001 Jeep Wrangler
          2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
          Front LCA Bushing Swap
          E36 Custom Cat Back
          M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
          Diff Swap

Comment

Interesting that the Subaru rear plates look just like the E30 plates, no? Fascinating

Ya'll going to start running Subaru parts too?

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
              Interesting that the Subaru rear plates look just like the E30 plates, no? Fascinating

Ya'll going to start running Subaru parts too?
              They must have stolen the design from Ground Control too.

Subarus are always a possibility. We'll see how the testing goes with BMWs first. They make struts/shocks for STEvos, Miatas, RX-8s. No Corvettes, but I bet we can change that.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                Let me know when y'all advertise on bf.com and I'll update my sig there to reflect your banner. No, I don't visit there anymore, but I've got several threads and continue to see lots of traffic over there....

T
                Same here.. except I do visit there alot...
                99 AW M3

Comment

Originally posted by clifton23
                  Same here.. except I do visit there alot...
                  Hold off on that. Let me get setup with them and make sure that is OK to do. I certainly appreciate the offer.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                    No Corvettes, but I bet we can change that.
                    Here's 1 vote for Vette parts.

Fair: I would put mini "www.vorshlag.com" on every frame of your banner, else you have to stare at it to cycle through to realize the name of the company selling them - max. exposure. (Or a Vorshlag Motorsports watermark behind the banners that do not show your URL or company name)
                    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                      Fair: I would put mini "www.vorshlag.com" on every frame of your banner, else you have to stare at it to cycle through to realize the name of the company selling them - max. exposure. (Or a Vorshlag Motorsports watermark behind the banners that do not show your URL or company name)
                      Ahh, good idea. I will add a watermarked www.vorshlag.com

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                        Hold off on that. Let me get setup with them and make sure that is OK to do. I certainly appreciate the offer.
                        Ummm... yeah. Jay got me banned for running a MF.COM banner when we weren't sponsors.

****er.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                          We might meet for dinner one night this week for a show-and-tell, so you can put your hands on the parts and see them in person. They look NICE.
                          I keep checking the front door to see if UPS has brought my beta suspension setup. So far, nothing

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                            I keep checking the front door to see if UPS has brought my beta suspension setup. So far, nothing
                            We need testers that actually go to events.
                            Brian Hanchey
                            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I got what you need right here..
                              99 AW M3

Comment

Working...
                              X