X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev-it-up July 29-30

http://www.revitupracing.com/
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Re: Rev-it-up June 29-30

Woh, that's Cheby not Mazda!
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Re: Rev-it-up June 29-30

July freaking 29th. Great plan for the southern states. Surprised they didn't plan Chicago for February.
      "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
      http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Re: Rev-it-up July 29-30

Deena and I will likely be in Hawaii that weekend, but we signed up for the mailing list for it.
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Are you guys nuts? I'd cancel my own funeral to attend this!!!

Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Just registered for July 29th Heat 10 and 3 laps in a Z-06.

You have signed up for:
            Lone Star Park on Sat Jul 29th, 2006
            1000 Lone Star Pkwy
            Grand Prairie, TX 75050

Competition Group - 10
            Check-in Time - 10:00 AM
            Rules & Regs Briefing - 10:20 AM
            Track Session 1 - 12:00 PM
            Track Session 2 - 1:00 PM

Additional Items: 3 Hot Laps Tickets
            '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Participants:
              Terry Fair
              Amy Fair
              David Davis

You have signed up for:
              Lone Star Park on Sat Jul 29th, 2006
              Competition Group - 19
              Check-in Time - 1:00 PM
              Rules & Regs Briefing - 1:20 PM
              Track Session 1 - 3:00 PM
              Track Session 2 - 4:00 PM

Additional Items:
              2 Karting Tickets (bring it bi1tches!)
              3 Hot Laps Tickets (in the Z06, duh!)

Total: $170

We got a $10/ea discount for being in the first 100 participants to sign up. There are still openings in all groups for both days. 25 minutes of head-to-head Karting was +$10, hot laps in the Z06 "with a pro driver" was +$10.

Anyone have ANY idea what we'll be competing in? I assume something lame like the Cobalt.

Comment

MeL and I are signed up for group 19 as well. No extras for me.

and it does look like we will be driving Cobalts....oh well.

Hey I just noticed that Paul is signed up in a different session???
                Last edited by McCall; 06-14-2006, 11:38 PM.
                McCall

Comment

Paul has a diff time because maybe he signed up first? I guess you guys want a cleaner course so you can win that Cobalt SS. I think Paul chose wisely picking the cooler morning to go have fun but $40 to drive a Cobalt? Are they SS's at least? Man the one I drove at the GM Autoshow In Motion was fun but when the boost comes on right as you're finally getting to the next corner and you(well, I) blow the line...boosted cars with automatics are a bit diff to drive for sure... I thought we'd get to drive Corvettes. Hmmm... *thinking*

[Edit] Okay,

The 400hp Chevrolet Corvette...one of three cars used on three twisty Skills Course tracks where burgeoning racers learn performance driving techniques. ...other cars...Cobalt SS Supercharged...Impala SS. And when you're done with the Skills Clinics, a Cobalt SS awaits to test your skills on the RIU Competition Course.
                  Okay, I'm in Run Group 10, same as Cool Morning Paul. 1 Kart. 1 Z06. Can always buy more if I want another go at the karts...which BTW TERRY is 25 LAPS or 5 minutes...not 25 minutes.
                  Last edited by duck; 06-16-2006, 12:43 AM.
                  "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by duck
                    Paul has a diff time because maybe he signed up first? I guess you guys want a cleaner course so you can win that Cobalt SS. I think Paul chose wisely picking the cooler morning to go have fun but $40 to drive a Cobalt? Are they SS's at least? ...Okay, I'm in Run Group 10, same as Cool Morning Paul. 1 Kart. 1 Z06. Can always buy more if I want another go at the karts...which BTW TERRY is 25 LAPS or 5 minutes...not 25 minutes.
                    I chose the later time because Matteucci did. I figured he knew somehting I didn't (he's don well in these revitup events, getting a free trip to California for the finals at least once)... maybe a cleaner, warmer track surface is faster? Or he would be driving up in the morning and this gives him more time to get here? I hope it was the former.

Comment

Yeah, I think the later runs did better at the Mazda Rev It Up thing but McCall got caught when they re-normalized the times with a "pro" driver right before his run and hosed his PAX. Have fun standing in the sun and good luck to all. I know I don't have a shot in heck so I'm going earlier and catching a ride with Paul. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by duck
                        Yeah, I think the later runs did better at the Mazda Rev It Up thing but McCall got caught when they re-normalized the times with a "pro" driver right before his run and hosed his PAX.
                        Actually it was opposite of that. The "pro" ran just 4-5 cars after me and ran only 3 tenths faster than my at-that-time-TTOD run. They had just finished interviewing me when his new time came in. This "new" PAX was over a second slower than the PAX time I was judged against and showed that the course had slowed down in the afternoon. Of course then mathmatically someone 6 cars behind me could run slower than I had and PAX way better than I did so hense I bascially got screwed.

If I can relay any advice, regardless of the time of day just make sure you run right AFTER the PAX time is set and not right BEFORE it's going to get set again. That way you can compare as close as possible in the same conditions as the "pro". I believe they re-set the PAX about 4 times a day but Teucci may know better if he checks in on this.
                        McCall

Comment

Working...
                        X