website outages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website outages

Please post any times/dates the main website or this forum is down. We apologize for any site outages that our web host bungles up.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: website outages

i noticed it today.. Im sure you already know that...
    99 AW M3

Comment

Originally posted by clifton23
      i noticed it today.. Im sure you already know that...
      I think that's what brought this up...
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

thought so... What host are ya'll using anyway? I have had good and bad experiences with many different hosts.. just wondering...
        99 AW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
          I think that's what brought this up...
          Forgive him...he's got a longhorn in his avatar
          He's a little slow, eh

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
            Forgive him...he's got a longhorn in his avatar
            He's a little slow, eh
            heh just a fan, dont attend UT..
            99 AW M3

Comment

heh just a fan, dont attend UT..

McCall

Comment

thought so... What host are ya'll using anyway? I have had good and bad experiences with many different hosts.. just wondering...
                I've had Vorshlag on 3 different hosts throughout the past 5 years. I keep moving up from smaller companies to larger ones, each promising better "up time" and services than the last. Right now we're on Lunar Pages, which has been relatively good but their ASP hosting on a Sun server doesn't work worth a flip, and now we had a bunch of hours of down time today, which pisses us off to no end.

We JUST got camber plates back in stock last Friday and orders are coming in strong... then the whole dang site goes down for half the day! Can't those clowns keep the lights on 24/7? Is that too much to ask??

Lunar Pages has been pretty good, but their webmail interface blows and, like I said before, their ASP hosting (which costs extra) is dated and doesn't support everything that Brinkster (my former host) did. We're moving away from ASP (to PHP) to try to fix some of the scripting issues. We've also enlisted the talents of a better site builder and hopefully the fruits of his behind-the-scenes website & database re-work will be apparent soon. The merging of www.motor-force.com content into www.vorshlag.com and revamping of the shopping cart is a big priority. Now that we've "caught up" on out of stock inventories we can hopefully spend more time getting the sites merged.
                Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

I have used lunar pages before and noticed that their servers "cpu" time is slower then normal.. Download speeds are on par but processing time is slow.

Right now I have our page with 1and1.com and I am a repeat customer with them. I am happy so far the 2nd time around!
                  99 AW M3

Comment

Originally posted by McCall

before you Aggies start jumping to conclusions on the jump to conclusions mat, I am an A&M fan too! One of my best friends is the starting Center for A&M
                    99 AW M3

Comment

before you Aggies start jumping to conclusions on the jump to conclusions mat, I am an A&M fan too! One of my best friends is the starting Center for A&M
                      Well, you should expect a little ribbing since you have a longhorn rosebowl avatar on a forum with about 95% Aggies on it.
                      McCall

Comment

What about Data Return - that's where James/Joe used to work - I don't think they are the cheapest though, but what's losing sales worth....

I want to say they have one of the largest pipes to the Internet backbone in the DFW area.

If you got usage stats, bandwidth needs, bla bla, I can set you up with an account/sales manager that we are all personal friends with....

They run Ticketmaster.com who owns Match.com - so uptime is everything to those companies...
                        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                          Well, you should expect a little ribbing since you have a longhorn rosebowl avatar on a forum with about 95% Aggies on it.
                          Oh, I know! Tommy warned me!
                          99 AW M3

Comment

Oh, I know! Tommy warned me!
                            Speaking of, where is that fool? Is he too good for us now that he's Mr. Bronco Off-road Man?
                            -Sean Martin
                            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Website was down for a little bit again, but I'm not sure how long.
                              -Sean Martin
                              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
                              X