Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA combining classes?

From the May Fastrack

"Due to declining participation in DS, ES, and FS, the following general conceptual proposals are being considered by the SAC: Combining CS and
    ES; combining DS and FS. Member input is requested on these possible approaches."

I say go for it!! 330i goes to FS!
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: SCCA combining classes?

Don't F with FS!

Costas
    -writing letter...

Comment

The e36 M3 needs to go to FS
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
        Don't F with FS!

Costas
        -writing letter...
        What, afraid of a little underpowered 330i or a Neon SRT4?
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Texas is one of the last holdouts for FStock competition... but we regularly see only 1-2 FStock entrants in Dallas (and they are goofballs in GTOs and convertable Mustang automatics).

2006 Houston Tour:
          • DS had 1 entrant
          • ES had 7
          • FS had 6 (after Cheater Chad dropped out)

I doubt you would see even the 6-7 entrants in DS/FS at a lot of Tours/Pros. With no new Camaro in 5 years, and the Mustangs fat and slow, there needs to be some new blood. I liked the addition of the sport sedans to FStock (still think a properly set-up G35 could do well), but the considerable costs and weights scare away people. There were 2 FStock entrants at the Walnut Ridge Pro, an E39 M5 and an '03 Cobra (Supercharged). A Cadillac CTS-V did well at another event (pictured in Sports Car). Talk about heavyweights!

ES is also chock full of dated cars that are all too close to CS. 9 stock classes is 2 too many...
          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
            There were 2 FStock entrants at the Walnut Ridge Pro, an E39 M5 and an '03 Cobra (Supercharged). A Cadillac CTS-V did well at another event (pictured in Sports Car). Talk about heavyweights!
            There were 10 F-stock entrants at the WR Tour. Even an '05 GT. They seemed to come out of the woodwork. It was all either Northeast or Texas drivers. All the California peeps seem to prefer the CTS-V/M5...

F-stock is dead in San Antonio/Austin. Not even sure Houston gets many entrants except those that drive down from the TAMSCC.

Comment

Working...
            X