Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Streets of Tomorrow

http://www.audistreetsoftomorrow.com/

Dallas is June 3rd & 4th at Southfork Ranch. Deena and I signed up for 10am on Saturday the 3rd (to beat the heat later in the day). It's free-ninety-free. I'm all over that RS4!

-Sporty drives of the unprecedented, the innovative, and the luxurious: yes, the Audi Q7. But also the Audi A3, A4, RS 4, A6, and A8.
    -Progressive technologies from Audi, Bang & Olufsen, Ducati and more.
    -Never Follow experiences from Abercrombie & Kent luxury travel.
    -Sophisticated foods and music.
    -And all staged at one of those intriguing locations, near your own city, you’ve been meaning to visit.
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Re: Audi Streets of Tomorrow

Registered for the same time and day as Sean.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
      Me too. Don't know if I will be working that day yet. They keep pushing our shift bid back, so I don't know when I will be working.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
        Ditto.
        '05 STi
        Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

PCA Time Trial and Autocross those two days.... (for me)
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
          Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

I've got same bat time, same bat channel.
            "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
            http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

This event was fun. The Q7 is very nice and damn it if Audi doesn't make the best interiors around (pay attention BMW). Deena and I took Jeff and Duck along for the Q7 street drive and made Jeff sit in the 3rd row seat. It's definitely for the Deans of the world. The huge HUGE sunroof was very cool. Headroom in the 2nd row was a little tight for me, but probably okay for the rest of the population. Driving dynamics were nice and the display/changing satellite stations through the streeing wheel and guage display was nice.

The food was great (breakfast and snacks). Inside, they had an Audi S8 (not for sale in the U.S. yet) with its Lamborghini V10 engine mmm. They also had an R8 along with a couple or Q7s. A shuttle tooks us down the road to a parking lot for the portion where we get to drive/ride in other Audis. We got to drive everything except the RS4. For that, they had us ride along with a professional driver. Man, the RS4 is sweet! It would be an awesome daily driver. We got to sit in some RS4s and the shifter is pretty precise with nice feel. The car is just gorgeous and sounds good (though not loud).

Of the cars we could drive on an autocross type course, I enjoyed the A3 3.2 Quattro S-line the most. I did not drive the TT since I know for a fact I can't fit. I actually got yelled at for driving too fast when I went around the course in this car. Oops! I even had the stabilty control on, but it was pretty lax....I was squealing tires around every corner. Headroom on the driver's side was a tiny bit tight, but over all the room inside was impressive. Next, I rode with Deena in the A4 (don't recall if it was the 2.0T or 3.2) and she didn't like it at all. After that, we waited in the LONG line for the A6 4.2 Quattro (only 1 of those since 1 was a wagon). This car was pretty nice and I enjoyed it. It had a bit more lean than the A3, but was still fun. The A8 was boat of car and had even more lean, but I guess wasn't bad for a big car. It squealed the tires at what I considered low speeds, so they must've been crappy all-seasons. Deena drove the A3 twice since she liked it so much. They had some other brands for comparison to the Q7. I was really unimpressed with the X5. I didn't drive the Q7 on the same course, but from the street driving it felt better than the X5. No contest on the interiors. Bryan, Laura, Duck, and Jeff were the others in attendance. Since I was getting a lot of questions about cost, weight, etc. I looked up some info (base price, 0-60, curb weight). Note the regular S4 variants and A8L/A8L W12 were not present:

A3 3.2 S Line $33,980. 20 spoke wheels $1000 extra (was on one of the cars) 0-60 5.9 secs. 3660lbs

A4 2.0T Quattro $30,340 0-60 7.3secs (manual), 7.5 tiptronic. 3549lbs man. 3660lbs tiptronic
              A4 3.2 Quattro $35,390 0-60 6.7secs. 3748lbs.

A6 4.2 Quattro $53,770 0-60 6.0secs. 4147lbs.
              A6 Avant $46,870 0-60 7.3secs. 4167lbs.

S4 $46,400 0-60 5.3secs manual 5.6secs tiptronic. 3825lbs man. 3902lbs tiptronic.
              S4 Avant $47,400 0-60 5.4 man. 5.7 tiptronic. 3957lbs. man. 4034lbs tiptronic.

RS4 $66,000 0-60 4.8 secs. 3957lbs

A8 4.2 Quattro $68,130 (what we drove). 0-60 6.3secs 4288lbs
              A8 L 4.2 Quattro $72,090.
              A8 L W12 Quattro $118,190

TT Coupe $41,639 0-60 5.7secs. 3274lbs
              TT Roadster $44,639. 0-60 6.0 secs. 3473lbs

Q7 4.2 Quattro $49,900. 0-60 7.0secs. 5269lbs.
              Q7 4.2 Quattro Premium $59,900 (what we drove). 0-60 7.1secs. 5467lbs.
              Last edited by Redwood; 06-04-2006, 02:21 PM.
              -Sean Martin
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I posted some Pics from the Audi event Love me some RS4!
                -Sean Martin
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
                X