UPS sucks....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS sucks....

Out of everything I have ever sold or bought, UPS seems to give me the most problems. Its either broke, missing, or late EVERYTIME. I recently shipped my 330i Calipers, Rotors, and Pads via UPS because it was the cheapest @ $60.

Buyer received them with a huge hole in the side of the box (taped over) and missing a caliper?!?! How the HELL does someone poke a hole in a box and let a huge brake caliper fall out and not put it back.

From here on out I will NEVER use UPS again. I have a friend that used to work for them, and he just told me some stories about the way they load and unload. He said they would punch/kick boxes to get them to fit on trucks.

If it said fragile, they just laughed and threw it on the truck.

He recommended I use USPS from now on.
    A couple reasons why:
    1. They have quality checks on packages at each location.
    2. They only require a worker to do 300 packages per hour. UPS requires 800 packages per hour.

Bah, I am soo frustrated right now!! What should I do? The buyer did not want insurance. Should I split the cost with him for a new caliper?
    99 AW M3

Re: UPS sucks....

I think you get $100-200 of insurance without asking.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb

Really?!? That would be great!
      The buyer has scheduled a damage inspection. I will have to see what he gets out of it.
      99 AW M3

Comment

Yep, I think that's true. I'd call and file a claim. In the future, I think insurance in only like $3 or $5 more per $500 of coverage or something like that. Bascially, it's extremely cheap.
        McCall

Comment

Originally posted by clifton23
          He recommended I use USPS from now on.
          Excuse me... but phuck USPS! Those assmonkeys can't get anything right.

My father just received his birthday card that I sent the last week of January!

I routinely get bulk mail delivered 2-3 weeks after the sale is over (just today I got my Craftsman Club sales flier... FOR MARCH!!!! Note on the back says to deliver between March 1 & 3rd).

Not to mention either:
          a) having to stand in line at the Post Office to ship something, or
          b) having your shit returned to you because it needed $.02 more postage from the on-line postage you calculated using their damn website.

If you won't use UPS (and yes, I've had issues with them... which they always resolve) then try FedEx or DHL.

Comment

I have never used DHL.. We use them here at work and I haven't heard of any problems. Maybe I will start to use them.

Havent had any problems with FedEx either.

Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. I feel sorry for the buyer. If it was me, I would be pissed because I always get pumped up for parts and then I get let down when UPS screws them up or is late
            99 AW M3

Comment

USPS routinely gives me my neighbor's mail. Emily opened up the electric bill yesterday and about had a heart attack. It was $400. Then she looked and it was my neighbor's. I guess he'll have the heart attack.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

We had a lot of problems with DHL on our last project at work (wasn't our call to use them) and they're a pain to deal with. We've had much better luck with FedEx, though they aren't always perfect.
                -Sean Martin
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I use FedEx exclusively for anyting except letters/cards...
                  Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

USPS routinely gives me my neighbor's mail. Emily opened up the electric bill yesterday and about had a heart attack. It was $400. Then she looked and it was my neighbor's. I guess he'll have the heart attack.
                    WOW! thats a high electric bill, wouldn't want to be him!
                    99 AW M3

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                      I use FedEx exclusively for anyting except letters/cards...
                      I do too. I have shipped several PCs and PC components and have never had any damage when using FedEx.

I used to work at a UPS sort facility and I saw how the packages were handled. I saw Gateway PCs being rolled off of the back of trucks and falling 3 feet. It happened regularly and was never a big deal. I assume that happens at most sort facilities, but I have seem too many packages damaged by UPS to use them anymore.

Comment

If he didn't want the shipping, I'd say it's his loss. Afterall, he declined it. But, yes, you should have a small amount of insurance (maybe $100?) with each shipment.

Tommy
                        2001 Jeep Wrangler
                        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                        Front LCA Bushing Swap
                        E36 Custom Cat Back
                        M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                        Diff Swap

Comment

We use UPS for shipping here at the shop every day, and I'll agree....they are pretty terrible when it comes to handling packages. But I've never had an issue getting anything resolved with them when I've had a problem.

As far as the guy who purchased the items from you, personally I'd say he's SOL if he didn't want you to insure the package. UPS automatically gives you $100 insurance coverage and but anything over that you pay a couple dollars extra. Personally if it were me, if I were to sell anything expensive I would tell the customer they are paying for insurance whether they like it or not. Better to be covered just in case and spend the couple extra bucks than get screwed.

If you need any help filing a claim, let me know. I've handled a few of them.

Comment

My work uses FedEx exclusively. Had too many probs with UPS. USPS is a joke...
                            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

FedEx is fine. FedEx Ground sucks AZZ... I've had multiple problems with them. Most are driver related. They use contract drivers so they are not true FedEx employees. Also, if it's coming "signature required" they won't hold it at the FedEx Ground hub because they don't have provisions for customer pick-up. Regular FedEx on the other hand will let you.

UPS has been a headache a couple of times for me too, mostly with "lost" packages. Basically they got shipped to the wrong hub.

Ship it regular FedEx and insure it, you should be fine.

*edit: When shipping USPS, if it's important, send it "registered". That's insurance, signature required, delivery confirmation and a tracking number. And I've never had an issue using Priority Mail.
                              '05 STi
                              Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Working...
                              X