PCA Autocross at Texas Motor Speedway, Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCA Autocross at Texas Motor Speedway, Sunday

Porsche Autocross at Texas Motor Speedway.

I like racing with the PCA guys because they are the most organized and they start on the dot. If it is 9am, there's a driver's meeting. If you're not sure what time it is and they say Driver's Meeting, it is 8:55am.

Also, the most friendliest of all the clubs I've ever raced with. Older crowd, so perhaps that's why they are so organized.

This Sunday, March 26th... who's interested in going ?

Details: mav.pca.org >> Events >> AX/TT

TMS black bus lot, concession stand, and real bathrooms

Cost:
    $30 for non-members

Runs:
    Minimum of 4 morning, 4 afternoon, but Sometimes they'll do 4 morning and 5 or 6 in the afternoon.

Time:
    If you are swapping tires, BE THERE absolutely no later than 8am. They WILL start the driver's meeting at 9am. To be more relaxed, I would get there by 7:30am.

Classes:
    OJ - Other Japanese
    OG - Other German
    OA - Other American

PCA insurance does NOT allow passengers!!!!
    Last edited by Dean!; 03-22-2006, 11:58 PM.
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Re: PCA Autocross at Texas Motor Speedway, Sunday

i I think I am going.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I may go as well depending on how late the wedding reception lasts on Sat night.
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

hmmm, might be a good chance to try out the new springs/shocks/sways....
        McCall

Comment

Oh yea, it is sponsored by Park Place Porsche, which means you'll get a free long sleeve t-shirt, too

I picked up 2 last year
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

More details... assume this is TMS Bus Lot? How many runs? Cost to non-members?

Would be a good substitute for the missed Pennington event... and a chance to test drive the tire trailer before I have to take everything off and get it chrome plated... oops!

Amy and I are a solid "maybe".
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
              More details... assume this is TMS Bus Lot? How many runs? Cost to non-members?

Would be a good substitute for the missed Pennington event... and a chance to test drive the tire trailer before I have to take everything off and get it chrome plated... oops!

Amy and I are a solid "maybe".
              TMS black bus lot, concession stand, and real bathrooms

Cost:
              $30 for non-members

Runs:
              Minimum of 4 morning, 4 afternoon, but Sometimes they'll do 4 morning and 5 or 6 in the afternoon.

Time:
              If you are swapping tires, BE THERE absolutely no later than 8am. They WILL start the driver's meeting at 9am. To be more relaxed, I would get there by 7:30am.

Classes:
              OJ - Other Japanese
              OG - Other German
              OA - Other American

Yea, so that doesn't seem 'fair' especially with Ford Tauruses and Oldsmobile Aleros in the same class as Vettes and Vipers....but this THEIR PCA event....

PCA insurance does NOT allow passengers!!!!

Comment

Should be some good weather, maybe a little windy:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...3&from=weekend

Comment

does PCA hot lap like BMWCCA does? I can't remember...

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                    does PCA hot lap like BMWCCA does? I can't remember...
                    Yes, basically a hot lap, not continuous, but a group of six... all six take 1 run. then repeat 4 times for the same group of six...

Comment

Well? Any report?
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

90 people is too many for a PCA event. First they cut the runs from 8 to 6, then since they didn't get the run/work groups sorted out until nearly 10:30 the first three runs were not completed until ~2pm. They were required to let the TMS safety staff have a 30 min break before they could start the afternoon runs, so I left after my 3rd run (as did many others, even PCA regulars).

Fun course - pretty fast for the bus lot (I had the rev limiter pegged in 2nd gear through the back transitions) but it just took too long to be worth the $30.

Comment

Sign up for the BMWCCA autocross at the TMS bus lot (April 15th) is open. They are capping at 80 people. I was supposed to go get wheels from Austin that weekend, but I may have to try and get them sooner since that would be a good event to go to. Hmmm

http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?
                          Last edited by Redwood; 03-27-2006, 11:00 AM.
                          -Sean Martin
                          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Believe it or not, we were done by 4pm. Yes, people left, but as a result, things went exponentially faster....

I want to say I was home by 4:40pm or so.

I thought it was a great course and the used GSCS worked out really well. Should last a few more events. The car didn't push once, which meant I wasn't going fast enough to know how much faster I could've gone.

Rotates well, car looks like a 4x4 though.

Oh yea, I need to do a writeup on my tire bleeder valves!! I need to take some pics and such... They worked out really well, the pressures were exactly what I wanted them to be.

And I need to finish painting the tire trailer for its photo shoot....

Since the last big hail storm cracked the taillights on the trailer outside, I purchased some replacement L.E.D. ones, since you could never see the wimpy incadescent? lights that Harbor Freight puts on them in direct sunlights, which is a pretty good concern since you'll be driving your "race car" These L.E.D. show up in the brightest of lights - a good safety upgrade IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                              I purchased some replacement L.E.D. ones, since you could never see the wimpy incadescent? lights that Harbor Freight puts on them in direct sunlights, which is a pretty good concern since you'll be driving your "race car" These L.E.D. show up in the brightest of lights - a good safety upgrade IMHO.
                              I just got LEDs for my trailer (full size 18' you tiretrailer weenies ) and yes they do illumiate much better both in the daylight as well as night. Very worth while upgrade.
                              McCall

Comment

Working...
                              X