X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF Lightweight jack, now $69 ?

Is it just me or is this crazy cheap?
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91039

Absolutely great track only jack for changing tires....
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Re: HF Lightweight jack, now $69 ?

Originally posted by Dean!
    Is it just me or is this crazy cheap?
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91039

Absolutely great track only jack for changing tires....
    Is that the same one you had at that PCA event a while back when you tried to jack up the B4C and it wouldn't get the car high enough to get the wheels off the ground? Becuase that was funny (and not even worth $69)
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by C3
      Is that the same one you had at that PCA event a while back when you tried to jack up the B4C and it wouldn't get the car high enough to get the wheels off the ground? Becuase that was funny (and not even worth $69)
      I think jacking from the **differential** it didn't get the B4C high enough, but jacking from the "jacking points" on the aftermarket subframe connectors - no problem...

We used it all of 2005 for the Evo and the chassis is so stiff (and so is the STi), you can jack from the front/side jacking point and it lifts the rear wheel...

Actually, I think the max height has lowered itself after a year, but for track only - I think they're pretty handy - and super lightweight...
      Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

If anyone sees a good deal on the smaller aluminum jack, let me know. That's the one I want!

T
        2001 Jeep Wrangler
        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
        Front LCA Bushing Swap
        E36 Custom Cat Back
        M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
        Diff Swap

Comment

Uhh, Tommy, this IS the smaller AL jack version... [edit for clarification: the super light one has 1 GRAB/CARRYING handle, but the actual fulcrum handle still breaks down into two pieces...] the larger version has 2 GRAB/CARRYING handles - it has the same fulcrum handle as the smaller type.

This is what Jeremy had at the testntune....

The larger one is typically $120 and this one is $69.95
          Last edited by Dean!; 02-10-2006, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I didn't take it to the test-n-tune. This is an awesome track only jack though.

Comment

Uh, that one looks like the large version to me. Look at the handle length and the fact that is has a screw in the middle, meaning it breaks down into two pieces. Also, it lists a 24 lbs. weight. That seems pretty heavy for the small version.

T
              2001 Jeep Wrangler
              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
              Front LCA Bushing Swap
              E36 Custom Cat Back
              Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                Uh, that one looks like the large version to me. Look at the handle length and the fact that is has a screw in the middle, meaning it breaks down into two pieces. Also, it lists a 24 lbs. weight. That seems pretty heavy for the small version.

T
                We *own* the smaller version..... our handle breaks down into two pieces.

And 24lbs is about right, I can't imagine it being much lighter....

In fact, here's the larger version's weight:
                http://www.vorshlag.com/tech_jacks1.asp - US General

The larger version weighs 38lbs.... most regular jacks are over 80lbs...

Besides, look at that price!

Comment

So the small one is visually like a scaled down large one, unlike their steel counterparts? I've never noticed that before.

T
                  2001 Jeep Wrangler
                  2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                  Front LCA Bushing Swap
                  E36 Custom Cat Back
                  Diff Swap

Comment

Yea, Andy Hollis had the "big" one (as pictured in the vorshlag link above) and if you put it side by side with the mini-me, it's tiny....and has 1 grab handle only......

I thought Jeremy brought it, but guess not..you'll just have to see 'em side by side....

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                      I think jacking from the **differential** it didn't get the B4C high enough, but jacking from the "jacking points" on the aftermarket subframe connectors - no problem...

We used it all of 2005 for the Evo and the chassis is so stiff (and so is the STi), you can jack from the front/side jacking point and it lifts the rear wheel...

Actually, I think the max height has lowered itself after a year, but for track only - I think they're pretty handy - and super lightweight...
                      Show off! My '99 BMW does the same.
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

"Luke, come with me to The Dark Side. Together we can..."

...lift a car safely.
                        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
                        X