I'm broke!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm broke!

Two 17x9.5s headed my way as of today. I wanted to trial fit this before jumping in head first.

Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: I'm broke!

OooooOOOOooohhh. Pretty......
    '05 STi
    Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

want to touch the h1n3y...
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Say what?? Details!

T
        2001 Jeep Wrangler
        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
        Front LCA Bushing Swap
        E36 Custom Cat Back
        M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
        Diff Swap

Comment

So you can "barrow" two wheels for a test fit?
          '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
          - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Oh mama!

Comment

I bought two CCWs. Terry and I have been rolling the tires over really bad as you pointed out at Nationals, Tommy. The outer inch of tread is blue. Therefore, we're not getting a good contact patch.

John has 17x9s and isn't getting rolling over like we are and neither is Mike Neary. But I'm not spending this kind of money without getting the biggest wheel possible. I'm a little worried it will fit so he's just sending two for now. I told Terry I wasn't spending a dime on horsepower or weight until we got the car handling correctly. I'm hoping this fixes the tire wear issues. I really hate the slop of street tires so I wanted to try a little wider than John's and see if we can take some of the lack of response out. If they don't fit, I send them back and CCW makes me 4 17x9s.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Just a couple of issues that I have:

1. The front wheels, when running full positive camber, will hit the outter fender lip when I hit a big bump (street driving issues - expansion joints on freeway). No issue when negative camber is dialed in.

2. The rear wheels (no spacers) are VERY camber and toe sensitive. The 17x9s will hit either the inside of the fender liner or the outside of the fender liner with 255x40 Azenis.

3. Even with camber dialed in, the front tires will rub the fender liners with 255x40s. Invest in BMW fender liner stock

Push John to give you the same offset front and rear so you can rotate. He made my spacers (CNC aluminum). He'll ***** about this... stand firm.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                  Just a couple of issues that I have:

1. The front wheels, when running full positive camber, will hit the outter fender lip when I hit a big bump (street driving issues - expansion joints on freeway). No issue when negative camber is dialed in.

2. The rear wheels (no spacers) are VERY camber and toe sensitive. The 17x9s will hit either the inside of the fender liner or the outside of the fender liner with 255x40 Azenis.

3. Even with camber dialed in, the front tires will rub the fender liners with 255x40s. Invest in BMW fender liner stock

Push John to give you the same offset front and rear so you can rotate. He made my spacers (CNC aluminum). He'll ***** about this... stand firm.
                  Yeah, we agreed on the same offset front and rear. I told him I had a 5 and 10 mm spacer so we didn't discuss spacers. I might well, I will be getting 15s, 16s or 17s for the front when I trial fit them.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I'm stoked about these. We trial fit 17x9.5" Z06 wheels before and they'd fit with the right spacer, as did the stock 255 tires. Barely. These'll be for race only, with full -3.5 deg camber in front. Rub, schmub - it's a race car!

Gotta get back some kinda grip advantaged - the 255's on 8.5's aren't effectively any better than the rallye cars running 245s on 8.5's (or 9's), and the M3 will always be way down on power to The Boosted Ones. M3 only has 100-150 pound weight advantage, too.

Compraed to the RX8 it's even uglier - they can go all the way to 275 tires and are another 100-150 pounds lighter still. They'll find power in the Renisis rotary with the right ECM trickery and better exhaust... just a matter of time.

The CCWs are the right move - if they fit!
                    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!

The CCWs are the right move - if they fit!
                      What's the issue??? I've got 18X10 on mine with no problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teucci
                        What's the issue??? I've got 18X10 on mine with no problem!!
                        Doesn't count if the car is in retirement

Comment

Step 1, complete. Naturally the front is not going to fit unless I put the camber in. I didn't do that for this test.

Last edited by hancheyb; 01-17-2006, 08:57 AM.
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

hawt!!

Comment

When are you mounting tires on them?

Comment

Working...
                              X