X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires, STU legal

http://www.firestone.com/news/news_i...d=2005/051102a

http://www.bridgestone.co.jp/tire/potenza_re01r/

Oh I think these may be the hot ticket next year. If they don't get excluded.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Re: New tires, STU legal

Yeah, I read those posts too. Right now it is just marketing blurbs stirring up all this "exclusion"/hot ticket stuff. There's zero evidence saying these are any good. When was the last time a Firestone was a good tire? I'm a little miffed I missed these at SEMA, again, I didn't see a need to look at Bridgestone/Firestone. Oh well. I like the idea of the 275/30-19. Nerces has that size on his E46 M3. I might have to go see if they fit. hehe.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

STi OEM tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE-070 tires. If they came in a 245/45-17 I would be running them. Very grippy and super stiff sidewalls.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

You're kidding yourself to think 10mm makes a difference. I got beat by those tires at Nationals two years ago. I think they ARE your best tire. Not sure why STI guys don't run them.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Ya, 10mm isn't much. But 20mm is. So is the .7" tire height difference.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

So you run a taller tire to get better gearing? I can see that. I can count on the tread width. You don't even use one whole tire though (3 wheel motion!). I'd be surprised if a shaved OEM tire still wasn't faster. Again, David Bruener was slow with Falkens and faster than me with Potenzas.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
            X