Evo IX, hp tallies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo IX, hp tallies

I was reading on evolutionm.net. As much as we like to make fun of da Shiv, he's showing IX dyno runs of 280/280 whp/wtq with no mods and 305ish with a catback, cat and downpipe. No boost added, just playing with timing and MIVEC. Power comes on sooner too when you tune the MIVEC. Yeeikes, that's STI numbers out of a 2.0L.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: Evo IX, hp tallies

Damn you Brian! I want a IX !!!
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

It is also on a moon dyno that often was getting sub 200 whp from the VIII.

Comment

What does that mean? Is that good or bad?
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I think it just means there was no gravity?
          Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by C3
            Heh.

I just mean that the numbers that Shiv puts out can't be compared in any way to any other numbers. He might as well be dynoing on the moon. He has done this since they came out. He was claiming that they were all making < 200awhp (I remember something about 160awhp) and all the Mustang and DynoJets were making 220-270awhp. His dyno reads like no other. It is low though, so that would generally mean (unless he changed something) that these cars would be considerably higher on a more common dyno. I know that copmparing dyno numbers is always stupid, but atleast since Paul and I both used a Mustang Dyno in the same area, we can get some idea if they numbers are comperable.
            Last edited by instigator; 12-13-2005, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Jeremy,

I think we would have to use the same dyno to make any somewhat valid comparison. That doesn't include weather variations, etc.
              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I understand that, but two similar dynos in the same area (weather excluded) will generally make similar numbers. I'm not talking about being within +-5whp. I'm just saying that there is some grounds for comparison. His is like nothing on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                  oh damn! i just spit ice cream out my nose!

edit: most weather conditions can be accounted for with a dyno equipped with a proper weather station and using SAE correction factors. Now, if the dyno operators are less than scrupulous and start TWEAKING those correction factors to make higher outputs, then yes, their numbers are suspect. some shops are notorious for this crap. I personally like to see the weather conditions printed on the dyno sheet with uncorrected power/tq numbers... you can then see heavy air (elevation or pressure), moisture, temperature, etc. and make the correcitons yourself. some turbo dyno queens like to stack bags of ice and have gale force wind generating fans blowing 1" away from their ice packed intercoolrers, too, which is 100% crap. those can make "out of this world" changes to hp. basically - its real easy for people to cheat dynos.
                  Last edited by Fair!; 12-14-2005, 10:14 PM.
                  Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                  2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                  EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
                  X