Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM subie

I knew it was bound to happen.

Haha yeah. (As I get ready to tear the engine apart).

Next year the thing will be fully sorted. Current weight (with almost no gas) is 2520 lbs, with a 6MT. It even has a Cusco front LSD Jeff!
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Re: SM subie

Yeah, but who is driving it? And, uh, didn't Chris Fleming do this and just blow up every event? The SM WRX HAS been done right?
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
      The SM WRX HAS been done right?
      That is a 2.5rs - a GS car in stock form. Smaller, lighter. Could be a hoot with a warm STi motor, camber, and big 710s - cool idea.
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Flemming had/has newer versions that are heavier (current one is around 3000). This one is an early RS model that is much lighter. Also, I think you are right about the previous Flemming car, it was not that reliable.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Not to mention the Fleming mobile has never been fast, either. Impressive looking, yes. Fast, not so much.

T
          2001 Jeep Wrangler
          2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
          Front LCA Bushing Swap
          E36 Custom Cat Back
          M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
          Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
            Not to mention the Fleming mobile has never been fast, either. Impressive looking, yes. Fast, not so much.

T
            Actually the current one is freaky fast (in a straight line). He hazes all 4 tires on corner exit (well once the boost is up, which seems to be a bit laggy). Just isn't quick. I think it prolly doesn't handle so well and did not seem fast in steady state.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Never said it wasn't powerful. Lots of powerful SM cars aren't fast in an autocross. That was my point.

T
              2001 Jeep Wrangler
              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
              Front LCA Bushing Swap
              E36 Custom Cat Back
              M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
              Diff Swap

Comment

Has anyone ever tried boosting/modding the 3.0L H6 motor that Subaru makes? Since it's making 250 n/a, I figure it might be a better torque motor for autocrossing even before boost. It fits where the 2.5L H4 fits in a Legacy (Outback) and they're using it in the B9 too. Someone should be able to shoehorn one into an Impreza if it's worthwhile.
                '05 STi
                Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
                  Has anyone ever tried boosting/modding the 3.0L H6 motor that Subaru makes? Since it's making 250 n/a, I figure it might be a better torque motor for autocrossing even before boost. It fits where the 2.5L H4 fits in a Legacy (Outback) and they're using it in the B9 too. Someone should be able to shoehorn one into an Impreza if it's worthwhile.
                  The guys at PDX tuning are doing 4 of them right now. Perrin has one already running around the street and will be at SEMA. Hanchey can take pics for us.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                    The guys at PDX tuning are doing 4 of them right now. Perrin has one already running around the street and will be at SEMA. Hanchey can take pics for us.
                    Hanchey said only media is allowed to bring cameras into SEMA.
                    -Sean Martin
                    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
                      http://hamkimchee.smugmug.com/gallery/936692/1/42896128

There you go. 6 cylinder turbo STI. Found it. They said 500hp easily. I said, "has it been on a dyno??". "Uh...no, we barely got it together for SEMA." Sounds about right.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                        http://hamkimchee.smugmug.com/gallery/936692/1/42896128

There you go. 6 cylinder turbo STI. Found it. They said 500hp easily...
                        Sign me up!
                        '05 STi
                        Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Working...
                        X