Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TxRegion SCCA Event at TMS Bus Lot 10/23

TxRegion SCCA Event at TMS Bus Lot 10/23

This should be another great event. Last week's SCCA event there was a blast, with 117 cars and timely running. 3 run groups give you one group "off" and there's nearby places to eat (the breakfast buffet at the Snooty Pig was da BOMB!). It was 44 miles from my house, which is a heckuva lot closer than Miserable Wells (90+ miles). Take GB all the way past 635 to Highway 114, then 114 West until it dead ends at TMS - easy! Real bathrooms on site. TMS facilities are the best in town, by far. The sealed asphalt has the least wear of any surface - for virtually no tire wear.

The last event had 8 in STU and 11 in SMOD! The BHOT/TAMSCC Dallas attendance was a record high 9 drivers! Amy, Mel, me, Hanchey, Dean (!?), Jeremy (?!), McCall (in da bird!), Paul, and Cody. Hanchey's dad was there too, so we'll claim him and bump the number to 10.

Interesting cars seen running: A stock, street tired GTO in F Stock looked fun and he won (get out there, Duck!); Jeremy and Dean put the hurt on SMOD on Toyos; STU put the hurt on PAX and all Stocks and SP cars (except for Maderash, by a tenth); Ben Castillo only drove one car!; there was even a bit of "Race@ss"TM to see.

This next event we plan on seeing: Amy and Mel in the RX8, Duck (!?) in the GTO (they have a PAX'd "street tire" catch-all class, so run FS-t), McCall in da Bird, Paul in the STi, I'll be in Hanchey's M3, Soup Daddy will be there, Chodey in the M3, Jeremy in the EVO and Karry in her STi?, Dean co-driving the EVO?, Bryan in his STi's "Debut Event?", and some of the BMWCCA racers are going to show up to be more SMOD and STU fodder.

Sign up at www.DLBRacing.com and save $$$. I paid $15 for pre-reg as an SCCA member. Also signed up Amy to SCCA for only $25 as a "spouse addition" (half price) so she'll get the discount for the next year. Pre-reg for non-SCCA folks is still only $25 (I think it's more on site). Fingers crossed for weather as good as last Sunday! THIS IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR TO AUTOCROSS AND THIS IS THE NICEST & CLOSEST EVENT SITE IN DFW!!!
    Last edited by Fair!; 10-19-2005, 08:54 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: TxRegion SCCA Event at TMS Bus Lot 10/23

I will be there of course. =)

Would be nice to see Duck and Bryan there too.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

One more I'd like to see running there on sunday: SEANT!

I'm gonna invite some friends from work, since the SCCA allows passengers (even competitors). We got 5 runs last weekend.

werd.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!

I'm gonna invite some friends from work, since the SCCA allows passengers (even competitors). We got 5 runs last weekend.

werd.
        Oh boy, here we go!! Terry with an audience. We know what that means. "uh, hello?? Vulcan Tires?? I need two new RT-615s.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
          Oh boy, here we go!! Terry with an audience. We know what that means. "uh, hello?? Vulcan Tires?? I need two new RT-615s.
          Fool PLEASE!

I didn't pimp any last weekend. Well, except for that big sweeper, but you HAD to pimp a little there...

Comment

One more I'd like to see running there on sunday: SEANT!

werd.
            I'm working for a few hours on Sunday.
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
              Aww HELL no. Is this a certain time period you have to be there or can you work after the event for those hours???

Comment

I dunno, I saw Fair leave two 8' long Pimp Marks going into the Chicago Box last weekend as well. The good news, Hanchey, is that your limited slip seems to be working just fine...

keep it up with the Chodey and I'll narc on ya every time
                Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
                  Aww HELL no. Is this a certain time period you have to be there or can you work after the event for those hours???
                  Certain time period. I have to contact all the techs scheduled for Sunday night starting around 10:30 that morning. Currently that's 24 people and if I don't reach them, I have to keep trying to reach them. At least I'll get some needed OT.
                  -Sean Martin
                  2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

MeL (thanks again Fairs!) and I are signed up and will be there. This probably will be the last event for me in the bird!
                    McCall

Comment

Results/recap?
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Rained the whole third heat (when SM rain). Wasn't worth even bringing the car out...

Paul and Terry had a great battle in STU (and I will let them report on it) and both MeL and Amy had a great time in BSL. Of course all of them ran BEFORE it rained...
                        McCall

Comment

Paul's head gets bigger....

http://autocross.com/tr/tr805pax.shtml
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                          X