Clear All

• DFW Tools for Sale

Cross-post from Corner-Carvers... figured some of you may be interested:

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ad.php?t=25958

Re: DFW Tools for Sale

Originally posted by John in Houston
    Cross-post from Corner-Carvers... figured some of you may be interested:

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ad.php?t=25958
    Yea, seen this pop-up on a BMW list up here today. Note: those prices SUCK.

In lieu of many emails I received concerning the price of these items I spoke with the family. They've advised me that they would be willing to take 30% off the original "new" prices. In other words, if it costs $100 new they'll take $70 for it. Offers lower than that should only be slightly lower.
    I'm not trying to be a d!ck, I mean the dude died and stuff, but his stuff ain't in good enough shape to get 70% of their "new cost". It's not like we're talking about well cared for Snap-On tools. It was a hobbyest guy's cheap stuff, that looks like it was dredged up from the bottom of a lake.

That "$99" GMC (China) chop saw, asking $75, is only $49 at Lowes. Right now, being clearanced (because Lowe's is dumping the entire line). And it's crap (I bought that very saw, and took it back). And this one is beat to hell.

Those Kobalt tool chests (cheap Lowe's stuff) are BEAT and barely on par with the cheapest Sears stuff, when new. The prices quoted are 50-75% higher than they should sell for, unless someone is on DOPE. Seriously, you could get new, cheapish Sears boxes for those prices. And if any of you chumps buy the cheapest Sears tool boxes (or any tool box without roller bearing drawers) I'll kick you in the bean bag.

$439 for a stick welder?!?! WTF???

Just... please, don't buy any of that shite. None of it is in good shape, or even remotely priced right. Some of it is plain garbage.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
    X