Evo vs. STi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo vs. STi

After Paul's birthday dinner Saturday night Jeremy, Paul, and I got to talking in the parking lot. Jerermy then pops his hood and turns down his boost because he said it was spiking too high on the drive over. Obviously to Paul, Jeremy had planned to test out Paul's new tuning mods. With a smile, Paul calls Jeremy out and we're off. Heading over to my favorite "test track" off the GB service roads between Alama and Custer with me riding with Paul.

First race- I'm guessing both were in second gear and Jeremy honks. Both cars bog but I think Jeremy does more. By the time they both shift like 50 times, Jeremy makes up the gap Paul got on the launch and pulls by pretty good. It was cool watching the flames shoot out the back of Evo between shifts. Paul misses 4th but it seems that Jeremy is faster.

We then loop around and head back the other direction. This time they start a bit higher in the rpms in 2nd and Paul honks. Jeremy pulls out a tiny bit from the start and holds the same gap until he hits 4th. By then he just motors away pretty easily on Paul by at least a length if not two.

We stop at the turn around and I jump into Jeremy's car to try and even things out. We line up again in the same gear and rpm and Jeremy honks. Paul hangs at the side of us but it seems like Jeremy is still faster. Jeremy misses a gear and they shut down.

We loop back around again and Paul honks. This time Jeremy revs the motor while rolling to get a good launch and Paul, hearing that honks the third honk a bit slower but to no avail. Jeremy pulls out a small gap and then builds on it to end up at least a length or more at the end.

I bet the drivers will pipe in with their own opinions but it was fun to ride along as these screaming mosquitoes battled it out
    McCall

Re: Evo vs. STi

some gear missin mofos!
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

HMMM. Jeremy is running a little more boost than I thought!!
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Jeremy was faster. =/
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I was runnning about 20 that night. Fun races though. Stock boost is 19-19.5psi, but mine doesn't taper like the stock ones do. Remember that I don't have a cat either. If I did, the results would have been a lot different.

I only shifted one more time than Jason would have had to. Paul shifted to 5th!

Comment

Working...
          X