Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE: '92 BMW 325is

Hey y'all,

I'm selling the '92 325is since I picked up the newer model. I'm in the process of returning the '92 to stock, but it will have some improvements over a "true" stocker:

Sport package suspension from the '93
    '95 M3 front bushings with new control arms
    '96+ M3 rear trailing arm bushings with delrin limiters
    M3 3.15 limited slip differential
    Conforti chip
    And some other stuff that's slipping my mind.

I see this car as doing one of two things very well. It'd make a fantastic daily driver as it's incredibly reliable, especially after all the work and updates I've done on it. And it would also be a great candidate for a DSP contender since it's very light for an E36 compared to newer models.

The car has 199k on it right now, but has been impeccably maintained. I'd drive it anywhere anytime. I've got all my receipts and those from the two prior owners. I've done all major services on this car and now know it inside and out. If the money were there, I'd love to keep this as my daily driver, but I could use the money. Everything works, BTW. It's got a ton of new parts. I'll compile a list and update this post with the details.

It's actually "prettier" than the new car. Previous owners must've kept it in the garage. The paint is really good and the lower skirts/bumpers are painted like the '96-'99 models. Also, the driver's side skirt is getting repainted and will be completed prior to sale.

I'm not posting it publicly yet. Just giving y'all a heads up in case anyone is interested (or you know someone who is). There are some small things I'm interested in taking off the white car to move to the black car, but I'll reconsider doing that if a friend buys it. I'd also consider throwing in the stock cassette/CD changer from the new car.

I'm in the process of cleaning it up and will take some pics of it then. In the meantime, I've attached a pic. No, the M3 wheels aren't included, but I may be intereseted in making you a deal on some identical 17x7.5 M3 wheels for uber cheap.

Thanks,
    T
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tommy R; 11-13-2005, 07:14 PM.
    2001 Jeep Wrangler
    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
    Front LCA Bushing Swap
    E36 Custom Cat Back
    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
    Diff Swap

Re: FOR SALE: '92 BMW 325is

It has a sunroof doesn't it?
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Yes, like 99.9999% of all E36's, it has leather and a sunroof. Hanchey's M3 is a freak.

T
      2001 Jeep Wrangler
      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
      Front LCA Bushing Swap
      E36 Custom Cat Back
      Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
        Yes, like 99.9999% of all E36's, it has leather and a sunroof. Hanchey's M3 is a freak.

T
        I think Mr. Magyar's '99 M3 did not have a sunroof, if I remember correctly.
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood

T
          And those two cars account for the .00001%.

T
          2001 Jeep Wrangler
          2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
          Front LCA Bushing Swap
          E36 Custom Cat Back
          Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood

T
            And those two cars account for the .00001%.

T
            I've got one without a sunroof

Comment

I found a '97 328is without a sunroof last week here in Dallas. I checked it out. 136K miles and not well maintained. Used car dealership was asking $6995 for it. Started fine but valve cover gasket was leaking. Didn't get to drive it as it was just about out of gas.

My '99 M3 was a manual seat, no sunroof version.
              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Okay, there are some sunroof cars out there. Moving on....

T
                2001 Jeep Wrangler
                2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                Front LCA Bushing Swap
                E36 Custom Cat Back
                Diff Swap

Comment

Hmmmm... '91 E30 or a E36 hmmmm.

Hey y'all,

I'm selling the '92 325is since I picked up the newer model. I'm in the process of returning the '92 to stock, but it will have some improvements over a "true" stocker:

Sport package suspension from the '93
                  '95 M3 front bushings with new control arms
                  '96+ M3 rear trailing arm bushings with delrin limiters
                  M3 3.15 limited slip differential
                  Conforti chip
                  And some other stuff that's slipping my mind.

I see this car as doing one of two things very well. It'd make a fantastic daily driver as it's incredibly reliable, especially after all the work and updates I've done on it. And it would also be a great candidate for a DSP contender since it's very light for an E36 compared to newer models.

The car has 199k on it right now, but has been impeccably maintained. I'd drive it anywhere anytime. I've got all my receipts and those from the two prior owners. I've done all major services on this car and now know it inside and out. If the money were there, I'd love to keep this as my daily driver, but I could use the money. Everything works, BTW. It's got a ton of new parts. I'll compile a list and update this post with the details.

It's actually "prettier" than the new car. Previous owners must've kept it in the garage. The paint is really good and the lower skirts/bumpers are painted like the '96-'99 models. Also, the driver's side skirt is getting repainted and will be completed prior to sale.

I'm not posting it publicly yet. Just giving y'all a heads up in case anyone is interested (or you know someone who is). There are some small things I'm interested in taking off the white car to move to the black car, but I'll reconsider doing that if a friend buys it. I'd also consider throwing in the stock cassette/CD changer from the new car.

I'm in the process of cleaning it up and will take some pics of it then. In the meantime, I've attached a pic. No, the M3 wheels aren't included, but I may be intereseted in making you a deal on some identical 17x7.5 M3 wheels for uber cheap. I'm undecided on an "outsider" asking price, but would take $3800 if any of y'all are interested. Please don't spread that price around. I'll be asking more publicly.

Thanks,
                  T
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Wow... Didn't realize you had that many miles on it. The E30 only has 140k... but doesn't look as nice as your car

Comment

Yup. Picked it up at 152k a bit over 2 years ago. Don't a fair amount of maintenance to it, but it was fortunately very well maintained prior to me.

The sad part is it's prettier than the black car. I just hope the black car cleans up as nicely.

T
                      2001 Jeep Wrangler
                      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                      Front LCA Bushing Swap
                      E36 Custom Cat Back
                      Diff Swap

Comment

Car has been sold and is now residing in California.

Tommy
                        2001 Jeep Wrangler
                        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                        Front LCA Bushing Swap
                        E36 Custom Cat Back
                        Diff Swap

Comment

Working...
                        X