X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals 2005 Results

STU is looking good!!

http://www.scca.com/News/News.asp?Ref=421

In Street Touring Ultra, Brian Hanchey, of Allen, Texas, leads by 0.655-sec. in the BimmerHaus/motor-force.com 1997 BMW M3 over Tim Bergin, of Dallas, Texas. Bergin’s Equipe Rapide 2004 Subaru WRX STi is just barely in front of the Terry Fair-driven BMW, which is also being piloted by Hanchey. The top spot is unfamiliar territory for Hanchey, as he his best showing previously was 19th two years ago in A Stock.
    Keep up the ass kicking tomorrow boys, and bring on the reports!
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Teucci has first in DSP. Ramey has the last trophy spot in DSP.

Looks like the Texas bunch is doing pretty darn good (d***, wish I was there).

CP got pushed until tomorrow. CP will run South in the AM and North in the PM. It got dark and they couldn't run tonight. Hopefully dry weather will work in Todd & Stroh's favor!

Comment

On site Report, Tuesday Sept. 13, 2005:

6 groups on each the North and South courses. 55 car SS class was the north course group one. Cloudy skies but a dry course. We walked 2 more times, we gridded, then workers started going out... then we all we waited. Weather reports were BAD: thunderstorms coming, we just hoped they'd wait until after group 2 (STU/BSP). The rains came early... workers were pulled, all got a little wet, but heavy lightning prompted the safety guru to delay the first runs by 2.5 *hours*. It rained heavily during that time - and lots of crazy flashing and banging. Everyone hid in cars or port-o-johns. Poo!

SS finally got to run, and everyone that had em was sporting Hoosier Rains or full tread V700s. 3 Lotus Elises and 2 GT3s faced the field of Z06s. The track dried considerably as the sun came out, and the last of the 3rd runs were dramatically faster. If you didn't get gridded with a high number and 2 driver car, and didn't NAIL your 3rd run, you were SO SCREWED. Ian Stuart leads in a GT3 and Strelnicks (sp?) is 2nd. They were 2 of the last 3 runs of the group. Big spread on times...

Group 2 was 85% dry when we got started. Dried considerably each run, but with less dramatic time drops. Hanchey set the pace with a 63.2, with Paul running a 63 as well, but hitting a cone. Fair runs a 65 and is lost on course. McCall had trouble as well. Dirty dirty course (from the rain) with no rubber down. Chalk lines are gone and I'm getting way lost.

Run 2, Hanchey drops the hammer and runs a 61.9, fully 1.3 ahead of everyone. Getting a lot of air time from the announcer! I managed a 62.4 and the next closest were all still in the 63's... looked like we might have a 1-2 finish ... but no. 3rd run, Hanchey dropped but a tenth (61. as did I, but I coned in a 7 point slalom. Tim Bergen dropped a ton of time and nipped me by .05, and McCall did some tire pressure changes on his last run to get a 63.0. Paul was in the mid 63's as well. 2-7th places were all bunched up within .5 sec, with Hanchey way out front (by .655 seconds).

Group 3, DSP with Matteucci and Ramey picked to go 1-2, and the rains came down HARD. 6 helpers got them onto rains before the runs, then after seeing some drying just before grid went hot, Ramey and Teucci made the call to go BACK to dry weather Kumhos. 6 people thrashed even faster this time around, getting 'em swa-pped back. Like 4 minutes, and plenty of time to spare. They ran quick all day, but the track dried considerably each run, and Matteucci's later grid placement meant he had one of the driest runs - and it was fastest by .2. Ramey was leading each time he ran, always dropping lots of time, but the wet timing was unfavorable. Stile, he's in the hunt.

Weiss is pwning FStock by .5 seconds! About half their run group got a dry run, and he made is count by laying down a first run no one could touch. The sky opened up soon after. Adam and Cammy both got hosed with downpours on all 3 runs; a huge deluge literally opened up as Adam took his first run, right after the start lights. "Ah! Can't see!"

More soon!
      Last edited by Fair!; 09-13-2005, 11:00 PM.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Represent, dawgs! Edit: I didn't know what to say other than that.
        Last edited by Redwood; 09-14-2005, 10:24 AM.
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp?Ref=05-solo-champ

Click on "event results" and they have STU and CP posted

Kicking ass and taking names!
          Last edited by Nick; 09-14-2005, 12:21 PM.

Comment

How is Hanchey "Atlanta/Southeast Division" when he's from Allen, TX now?
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
              How is Hanchey "Atlanta/Southeast Division" when he's from Allen, TX now?
              Obviously he didn't update his 411 on his membership when he renewed. Information is pulled straight from your membership number (vs. what you put on your entry form).

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
                http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp?Ref=05-solo-champ

Click on "event results" and they have STU and CP posted

Kicking ass and taking names!
                D***... Todd is in 3rd and Stroh is in the trophies too (CP).

Looks like the Texas drivers are kickin' some butt this year

Comment

Weiss takes F-Stock!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
                    Weiss takes F-Stock!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUP!!!
                    Snap! He put the smak on Frank

Comment

Dang, Fair's prediction of STis doing better on the shorter course on the 2nd day turned out to be true.

DSP:

4th Teucci (trophy)
                      5th Ramey (trophy)

STU:

6th Fair (trophy)
                      7th Paul (trophy)
                      10th Hanchey
                      13th McCall
                      Last edited by Redwood; 09-15-2005, 09:37 AM.
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

CP:
                        3rd Todd (congrats!)
                        10th Stroh (trophy)
                        Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Note to self, attend warm up event next year. We had the car totally wrong the first and second day. The first day, I could drive around it, next day, well, you know the results. As bad as it handled the second day, all Fair and I had to do was not cone our first runs! Oh well. At least there wasn't money on the table this year.
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Hmmm... heard the car was plowing.

Maybe time for some springs in a better rate

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                              Hmmm... heard the car was plowing.

Maybe time for some springs in a better rate
                              Certainly a possibility. After talking to Tommy, Weiss, and Sipe, they all said, "oh yeah, I always run more pressure in the rears in Topeka." I looked at our rears after Wednesday and they were WAY rolled over. Gotta check that first before I go changing springs. Terry is running the car Sunday on asphalt. Never too early to prepare for next year.

Oh, get this. My 103k mile radiator that I'm about to replace? I pulled into my parking space this morning and got a "Low Coolant" warning on the OBC. hehe Didn't have a puddle nor does it smell like it is leaking, but I thought it was funny.
                              Brian Hanchey
                              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                              X