X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartland Park repave photos.

http://www.midiv.org/Code/HPT_Repave.htm
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Obviously it's in the midwest division of SCCA, but what city/state is that located in?
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Topeka, Kansas!!!!! It'll be where the '06 Solo II Nationals are held. This is our last trip to Forbes Field and grippy, though trashed, concrete.

T
      2001 Jeep Wrangler
      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
      Front LCA Bushing Swap
      E36 Custom Cat Back
      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
      Diff Swap

Comment

Oh, but Hello, Asphalt!!
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Yup! No complaints from me.

T
          2001 Jeep Wrangler
          2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
          Front LCA Bushing Swap
          E36 Custom Cat Back
          Diff Swap

Comment

Re: Heartland Park repave photos.

Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

BTW, Cody and I measured TMS. It is 500x1000. Heartland Park is 1000x1000. There is no way they can get two autocrosses on that lot AND have a paddock.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

You're right. No way in h3ll. On the plus side, we can camp on-site. I'm actually considering doing that next year since they'll have permanent (and new!) showers installed. Might get chilly, though.

T
                2001 Jeep Wrangler
                2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                Front LCA Bushing Swap
                E36 Custom Cat Back
                Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                  BTW, Cody and I measured TMS. It is 500x1000. Heartland Park is 1000x1000. There is no way they can get two autocrosses on that lot AND have a paddock.
                  Agreed. I mean the course yesterday was 60+ seconds long but there were a lot of slow/tight sections. And that grid was tight! Imagine adding about 20-30 more cars per heat per course and trying to keep the courses far enought apart for safety purposes.

I'm afraid that the course we saw yesterday may become the SCCA nationals type course of the future just because of site limitations. Sure they will be 60+ seconds courses but they will get those times by slowing you down to a crawl many times over the course.
                  McCall

Comment

I thought one course was supposed to be on the pad and the other was on part of the road-course? Did something change?

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                      I thought one course was supposed to be on the pad and the other was on part of the road-course? Did something change?
                      They told us at Nationals this year that both courses as well as grids will be running together on that one pad.
                      McCall

Comment

The already said paddock AND grid will not be on the pad but the parking log behind it.
                        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                          The already said paddock AND grid will not be on the pad but the parking log behind it.
                          Now I'm confused. I thought the parking lot behind the pad was going to be for just the paddock. In looking at the pic, where would they put to grid vs. the paddock and allow easy access to the courses? I guess we will be parked on the grass in the paddock.
                          McCall

Comment

Running on part of the road course was tossed as it was brought up many people have mucho seat time on the road course and have an advantage. As well, the biggest problem is if it rains and cars spin off into the grass! Mike Lowe all over again, mud all over the course!

turbotoddie

Comment

Working...
                            X