• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fairs' C6 is for sale

The Fairs' C6 is for sale...

http://www.vorshlag.com/c6.asp

Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Sold yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JT
      Sold yet?
      He said yesterday there weren't even any calls yet.
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
        He said yesterday there weren't even any calls yet.
        Oops... sorry, not trying to salt a wound. I didn't see that yesterday... just noticed the thread.

Comment

Fair,

Have you thought about running it by Carmax and seeing what they'll give you? They're usually pretty high on cars like that.

Though, it'll be less than what it'll bring privately, it will get it gone if you need it gone (that payment can't be cheap).

I figure you'll be waiting until the GM employee discounts go away before you start getting buyers. If that's the case then that's another payment right there. Is it worth paying 1, 2, 3 or more months (no telling when it will sell) worth of payments? Might be something to factor into a Carmax offer. If the difference gets you closer, it's something to consider.

Just some random thoughts.

-B
          '05 STi
          Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
            Fair,

Have you thought about running it by Carmax and seeing what they'll give you? They're usually pretty high on cars like that...I figure you'll be waiting until the GM employee discounts go away before you start getting buyers. If that's the case then that's another payment right there. Is it worth paying 1, 2, 3 or more months (no telling when it will sell) worth of payments? Might be something to factor into a Carmax offer. If the difference gets you closer, it's something to consider.

Just some random thoughts.

-B
            Again, the EPFE pricing does not apply to the C6 (I checked again - never did apply). They also do NOT do uber low % financing on the C6. Only GM car this applies to. But something has to be scaring people away from a used 2005 Corvette...

I just lowered the autotrader ad price to $41.5K yesterday, so hopefully that'll hit news stands Friday. I might go by Carmax, can't hurt, but I doubt they'd give me jack for it. I need national exposure... thinking eBay. I have never sold a car there, tho, so I am a little hesitant. Ideas, eBayers? What kind of % hit do I have to pay them for the auction?

I'm also hesitant because driving this thing is SO MUCH FUN! But now that we're finally doing the house thing it makes sense to get rid of this mammoth payment. Now that we have a house+garage lined up for the next 6 months, I could use the monthly C6 money and easily pay for all of the big the E36 LS1 stuff... and get some work done! I haven't touched it in over a month (or much in the past 9 months the house has been on the market) because I never know how much time we'd have to move if the house ever sold. At least now I have some stability for 6 months, once we've moved... I'll get 220V outlets in there as soon as we move in, for welder and compressor.

Comment

Selling your car on eBay primer
              -Sean Martin
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                Again, the EPFE pricing does not apply to the C6 (I checked again - never did apply).
                Well this came from Newman on the TAMSCC list:

Originally posted by Newman
                The question is, is it the cheapest C6 with GMS (now available on Corvette) and low interest rates . . . that could be you’re killer. I’d shoot for ebay; you might be surprised the kind of action you get on it . . .

Jason Newman
                Sewell Pontiac-GMC
                "Obsessed With Service Since 1911"
                214/956-3714
                214/956-3740 fax
                So, I kind of took that at face value seeing as he works for a GM dealer.

So, I just called Stonebriar Chevrolet and Fair is correct on this one. The salesman there told me that ther is NO GMEE on the Vette and
                '05 STi
                Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Sorry, I thought that they were. They just started including the GTO the other day . . . ends on Friday! I DO know from talking to a wholesaler a month or so ago, the C6's are "stacking up like cord wood". That may be the reason. I would definitely look into the ebay thing; I did very well selling my '99 Tahoe. I don't know how much the fee is now, but I do know that it has gone up.
                  Jason Newman,
                  2005 Mustang GT
                  1995 Mustang GT 5.0
                  York Pump & Equipment, a DXP Company

Comment

I managed to sell it to a dealer (who bought it for himself) in San Antionio for $1K less than I was asking and $1K more than CarMAx offered. I didn't want to sell it, but Amy thought it was financially prudent. She creid when they drove off...

Comment

Sometimes the best decisions are the toughest.

With this new, awesome house coming up sooner and sooner, it was probably a good idea to let it go. I mean, I don't know your financial position, but a $50k car likely carries a huge monthly payment and that can go a long way towards all of the hundreds of things y'all will need in and for the new house. I guess this is a moot point if y'all are pulling in $200k/year.

Maybe after you're settled in, you can pick up a C5 Z06 or another C6? At least you'll have appropriate garage space for it!

Tommy
                      2001 Jeep Wrangler
                      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                      Front LCA Bushing Swap
                      E36 Custom Cat Back
                      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                      Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                        Sometimes the best decisions are the toughest.

With this new, awesome house coming up sooner and sooner, it was probably a good idea to let it go. I mean, I don't know your financial position, but a $50k car likely carries a huge monthly payment and that can go a long way towards all of the hundreds of things y'all will need in and for the new house. I guess this is a moot point if y'all are pulling in $200k/year.

Maybe after you're settled in, you can pick up a C5 Z06 or another C6? At least you'll have appropriate garage space for it!

Tommy
                        True dat.

Comment

Originally posted by theNewman
                          They just started including the GTO the other day (GMSEEFPE). . . ends on Friday!
                          DAMMIT!
                          "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
                          http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Working...
                          X