Nationals Pits Spaces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals Pits Spaces

In speaking with Adam, he had a good idea. Lets put a plan together ahead of time about where we will pit so we can set-up an large area for all of us to pit/hang together. I don't you about the rest of you, but I will feel better about having all of our stuff together. I will also be bringing my pop-up tent and figure we could combine all of ours to create a sort of TAMSCC tent city.
    McCall

Who knows how pit spaces work at Nationals? Every time I go I'm perplexed at how people get spaces together. I think you can sign up like Friday before. Maybe we put Teucci in charge?
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

It's sort of like saving places for your friends at lunch in 3rd grade.

as I understand it, You can write your name, as well as any of your friends names in any open space. If you do it right you can "save" spaces for half a dozen people and have AMPLE space.

Spokes has this system figured out, their tent city will be in FULL force. Kent, Myself, Stroh, and Todd will be with them. So feel free to look for us.

Comment

Paddock spots

I'll be getting there Sunday afternoon. I'll try my best to get as many spaces as I can near the Spokes guys.
        Adam
        It's not so much the heat as it is the humidity

Comment

Originally posted by GoDog
          I'll be getting there Sunday afternoon. I'll try my best to get as many spaces as I can near the Spokes guys.
          I'm already getting a hangover from the thought of being near the Spokes guys.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Have you ever had a hangover? I don't think one beer results in a hangover??

turbo

Comment

I'll be there friday afternoon or first thing saturday morning. If I can get a list of names, I'll reserve a block of spaces next to the spokes guys. Or, we could coordinate with the spokes guys before hand. I know Hollis will be up there on Thursday... we could get all of our names to him possibly.

Just a thought.

Comment

1. Paul & Jason's Subie with truck and trailer

EDIT - Oh yea, WELCOME Adam!
                McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                  1. Paul & Jason's Subie with truck and trailer

EDIT - Oh yea, WELCOME Adam!
                  I'll also need class, number and what days everyone is running.

B.

Comment

Originally posted by Teucci
                    I'll also need class, number and what days everyone is running.

B.
                    STU, 94 Brian Hanchey, Tues/Wed
                    STU, 194 Terry Fair, Tues/Wed
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by turbotoddie
                      Have you ever had a hangover? I don't think one beer results in a hangover??

turbo
                      That's all you got Todd?
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Here's the deal....or at least how it's worked in years past. Each person showing up picks a spot and can "save" three or so more spots on behalf of their friends. Once those friends show up, then they can save spots for some friends.

Since Spokes has several "professional" autocrossers, we have lots of people show up really early to get the ball rolling. However, most of the really early arrivers are event officials and pit up near the course, not in the Spokes Biergarten. Yes, they are of teh ghey.

Rich and I (and others) will be arriving on Saturday. I'll stake out a "broad area" meaning to leave a gap between each spot I save since those individual spots will likely not be taken by others since everyone wants a spot next to their buddy. Then we fill in those places as the rest of the crew arrives.

Y'all don't want to be off on your own. Hanging out with the Spokes folks is where it's at. Multiple enclosed trailers, minibike burnout compeitions, loads of beer, and a tent city that would make Cuban refugees proud.

T
                        2001 Jeep Wrangler
                        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                        Front LCA Bushing Swap
                        E36 Custom Cat Back
                        M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                        Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                          Here's the deal....or at least how it's worked in years past. Each person showing up picks a spot and can "save" three or so more spots on behalf of their friends. Once those friends show up, then they can save spots for some friends.

Since Spokes has several "professional" autocrossers, we have lots of people show up really early to get the ball rolling. However, most of the really early arrivers are event officials and pit up near the course, not in the Spokes Biergarten. Yes, they are of teh ghey.

Rich and I (and others) will be arriving on Saturday. I'll stake out a "broad area" meaning to leave a gap between each spot I save since those individual spots will likely not be taken by others since everyone wants a spot next to their buddy. Then we fill in those places as the rest of the crew arrives.

Y'all don't want to be off on your own. Hanging out with the Spokes folks is where it's at. Multiple enclosed trailers, minibike burnout compeitions, loads of beer, and a tent city that would make Cuban refugees proud.

T
                          Yes, I have witnessed this and must say you're of teh ghey if you don't hang out with Spokes. It is quite a site to see. Haha, site instead of sight.

I'm getting goose bumps here. Actually planning pit spaces and organized stickers! What's next, a Cosmopolitan tee party?
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Next thing you know Tommy will be organizing makeovers and manicures...
                            Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Cody, I keep telling you over and over again... No! I won't do that.

2001 Jeep Wrangler
                              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                              Front LCA Bushing Swap
                              E36 Custom Cat Back
                              M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                              Diff Swap

Comment

Working...
                              X