Clear All

• Nationals, Sept 12-15th

NATIONALS!

STU runners from BHoT:

+ Hanchey
    + Fair (tire warmer)
    + Paul Magyar
    + McCall (tire water sprayer!)

Anyone else?! Hanchey and I are driving up on Monday and back on Thursday, running Tuesday-Wednesday.

HOTEL

I found a Hampton Inn about 5 miles from Forbes Field. Going to book a room for Hanchey and myself today. I have enough Hilton Honors points for one night (20K/per). It's $69/night for double occupancy. They have AAA and AARP (Paul?) discounts.

Hampton Inn Topeka
    1401 Southwest Ashworth Place
    Topeka, Kansas 66604
    785-273-0003

Description: 24-hour business center offers guests complimentary copy and computer processing equipment. Plus, each guestroom is equipped with a coffee maker with coffee refreshed daily, hair dryer, iron with board and complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet access. ''On the House'' hot buffet breakfast served daily from 6-10am or ''On the Run'' bag, which is filled with high-energy snacks and a bottle of water available at 5am. Outdoor pool, whirlpool and exercise room.
    Last edited by Fair!; 08-11-2005, 09:09 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Oh HELL yes.

Arriving on Sat., running the warmup on Sunday, drinking until Wed., racing on Thur/Fri, driving home on Sat. Staying at the Super 8 right next to Forbes Field.

T
    2001 Jeep Wrangler
    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
    Front LCA Bushing Swap
    E36 Custom Cat Back
    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
    Diff Swap

Comment

I'm getting there Friday afternoon to evening.. running the Pro Finale saturday/sunday and the warmup event saturday/sunday. DSP Tuesday/Wednesday night then leaving as soon as the car is loaded up to get back to work on Thursday. Both me and Ramey have to work on Thursday

Also staying at the Super 8 right on Forbes Field.

Comment

What is this warmup? I never saw anything about that.
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
          What is this warmup? I never saw anything about that.
          It's a practice event put on by Kansas Region SCCA. It's at Forbes field, typically they run last year's North Course. Entries filled up months ago.. but you could still register and get on the waiting list. I've seen people way way down on the waiting list get an opportunity to race.

http://www.kansasregionscca.org/natwarmup.htm

Comment

When is the A&M Practice?
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
              When is the A&M Practice?
              There are more than one..

Annex - August 20, 21
              Annex - August 28 (Nationals Practice, Invitation Only)

There are also two others down here,

Houston Police Academy, August 27th. HPA has the most grip of any site in Texas IMO.. a good warmup for Topeka.

Houston Region SCCA Practice, September 3rd (tentative) Gulf Greyhound

I'll most likely be at the 3 A&M practices and the HPA one. GGP, probably not.

Comment

Ordered new 245/45-17 Falken 615's for nationals.

Going to A&M for all 3 practices.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Well, don't ruin them with too much practicing!
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                    Well, don't ruin them with too much practicing!
                    I believe Paul (and me if he lets me) will run the practices on his current tires and mount up the new tires for one event/heat cycle just before Nationals.
                    McCall

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa!

Does this mean you're going to Nats, Jason???

T
                      2001 Jeep Wrangler
                      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                      Front LCA Bushing Swap
                      E36 Custom Cat Back
                      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                      Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                        Whoa whoa whoa!

Does this mean you're going to Nats, Jason???

T
                        Doh! The secret's out of the bag! Look out mid-pack STU! I'm gunning for ya!!!
                        McCall

Comment

Jason has the plan right. We are going to A&M and beat the current tires silly. Then mount the new ones right before nationals.

Just ordered a hawker odyssy battery too (PC680MJ), weighs 15.4 pounds.

I can pick up the downpipe this week if we can get it on by Friday night. This I will need help on.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                            Doh! The secret's out of the bag! Look out mid-pack STU! I'm gunning for ya!!!
                            Get your butt registered for Nationals! You need to be on the phone ...

http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp?Ref=05-solo-champ - sign up here.

entries must be postmarked by august 21st to avoid hefty late fees.

17 in STU... and we need 25 for the class to become "permanent".
                            Last edited by Fair!; 08-15-2005, 04:57 PM.
                            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Jason,

When filling out the registration, use number 166 and it will count us as a two driver car.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                              X