ER event on Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ER event on Sunday

Anyone running the ER event on Sunday? I'm thinking about hauling the DSP machine up there early Sunday morning to run. Putting the new uber- 5.5" clutch in it Saturday morning and need some test and tune on it.

So whose in?

Is there any sort of online registration for ER events? or do you just show up?

Brian

Re: ER event on Sunday

I'll be there. Just show up (EARLY) to register for ER events, else you get stuck working 3rd heat while all the fast cars are winning Pax money. Last year when I didn't pre-pay, I'd try to be in line by at least 7:15-7:20...
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

I'm driving Mark Sipe's car. I'll be there. Come on up, the water's fine!
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I'm co-driving Cody's car at the event, and probably watching Sipe and Hanchey mop the floor with us.?* ?* ?* That RX8 has NAWS!!!

Cody, do you have a tire sprayer??* ?*:-D

Teucci - call Soup Daddy.?* He came out to the SCCA Pennington field event last weekend and he might come back if you tell him you'll be there.?* Remind him that Nat's is but a couple of months away and he's rusty.?* ?*
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by C3
          I'll be there.?* Just show up (EARLY) to register for ER events, else you get stuck working 3rd heat while all the fast cars are winning Pax money.?* Last year when I didn't pre-pay, I'd try to be in line by at least 7:15-7:20...
          7:15 to 7:20? UGH! Anyone have a nearby floor that I can sleep on Saturday night then?? I'm thinking 3:00 in the morning departure from Houston doesn't sound too fun..

This PAX challenge thing that the run.. can anyone enter? Do you have to be an ER member?

Comment

"Brian Matteucci... Come on Down! You re the next contestant on Price Is Right."

Got 2 spare rooms/beds/computers. Not far from Pennington (40 minutes?). We'll all go out that night - it'll be a party.

Don't forget to call Soup. Tell him to join us Sunday!
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

The 'RapidPax' thing they do is open to anyone...I'm not sure about the ProTape Pax Challenge - they don't mention it in the latest edition of their newsletter and the website link to it from the ER website gives a 404 error. Might email Terranova and see what he knows about it...

Comment

Wish I could make it, but I'll be dogsitting for my g/f. It's all good, though. I still get to go wakeboarding tomorrow! :mrgreen:

So any suggestions on a clean place to run concrete before Nationals?? I've not driven the Falkens on concrete yet.

Tommy
                2001 Jeep Wrangler
                2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                Front LCA Bushing Swap
                E36 Custom Cat Back
                M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                  Wish I could make it, but I'll be dogsitting for my g/f.
                  dogsitting? DOGSITTING? You're kidding me right??

Comment

OMG Tommy. It is called a KENNEL. They have really nice ones. Make it happen. I'd like to mark this date, Tommy can't autocross yet me AND Weiss with children will be there. hehe
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Nope. Watching her dog for 10 days. It's cool. She's a good dog.

T
                      2001 Jeep Wrangler
                      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                      Front LCA Bushing Swap
                      E36 Custom Cat Back
                      Diff Swap

Comment

Bite me, hippies!!!!!
                        2001 Jeep Wrangler
                        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                        Front LCA Bushing Swap
                        E36 Custom Cat Back
                        Diff Swap

Comment

Count me out!! Not gonna finish the cluch install tonight...

Maybe next time

Comment

Fun event...Hanchey was within .3 of Sipe, and Fair beat me by .7 :-/

Mark: 40.2
                            Brian: 40.5
                            Terry: 42.2
                            Cody: 42.9

The course didn't exactly flow (imo) but it was interesting and really made you have to do a lot of braking while turning, which is always a tricky proposition for me. I've got 2 weekends to get my sh*t together and tires flipped around before Divisionals in August.

Comment

That was fun! You're doing our best runs of course. Neither Mark nor I posted that great of runs in the 4 timed runs. I think he had a 41.0 and I had a 42.0.

It took me 6 runs to really figure out how to drive that thing, but I have say, the RX-8 handling is pretty awesome esp. for a stock car. Sure, the power is weak, but if you just keep your foot planted, it will do some crazy handling. Also, it started plowing on me, I backed off for a split second, went full throttle again and it turned in like CRAZY and stuck hard. Sure made my car feel big on the way home. The steering is SO much faster than my M3.

I predict the first person to make a STU RX-8 fully prepared stands to kick some butt. You can get 275s on it, double A arms up front, 5 link in the rear. Power would be the only handicap I guess.

Prediction: trophy spots in BS: RX-8, MR2 Turbo, 968, MAYBE 350Z.

Great job Paul on your PAX run!!
                              Brian Hanchey
                              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                              X