New Sports Car, SCCA rules??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sports Car, SCCA rules??

I just read SportsCar yesterday. I had not gone online to see all these rule changes you guys were talking about. Allowing turbos free boost in SP pretty much kills the E36 M3 in BSP. It was almost dead anyway. Unlimited boost with a stock turbo is pretty limited anyway. Plus, the SP rules apply to STU so the M3 is really screwed. What can an Evo or STi do with a stock turbo? Did you see the ZHP 330i gets moved to DS? Might be a good car for that class.

Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: New Sports Car, SCCA rules??

Originally posted by hancheyb
    I just read SportsCar yesterday.?* I had not gone online to see all these rule changes you guys were talking about.?* Allowing turbos free boost in SP pretty much kills the E36 M3 in BSP.?* It was almost dead anyway.?* Unlimited boost with a stock turbo is pretty limited anyway.?* Plus, the SP rules apply to STU so the M3 is really screwed.?* What can an Evo or STi do with a stock turbo??* Did you see the ZHP 330i gets moved to DS??* Might be a good car for that class.?*
    ZHP (330i performance package for the non BMW geeks) in DS? What about the regular 330i/Ci? That pretty much screws the regular 330s in DS. The ZHP should be a significant advantage. 0-60 is about half a second quicker (10 more hp & lower rear gearing), skidpad numbers are higher (slightly higher than E36 M3), and there is at least some negative camber (-0.5 I believe) built in from the factory. Okay, I want one BADLY. Sure it's heavier than an E36, but it's not as ancient and it fits giants mo bettah.
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I spoke with Andy Hollis about this recently. The idea is to allow unlimited boost with stock turbos and see just how much faster these boosted cars get. THEN they'll be re-classed accordingly. Frankly, it'll be a good thing for us non-boosted types because the boost buggies will be bumped up at least one class as a result of this.

But, I don't believe ST_ follows Street Prepared in this regard.

T
      2001 Jeep Wrangler
      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
      Front LCA Bushing Swap
      E36 Custom Cat Back
      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
      Diff Swap

Comment

I just read SportsCar yesterday.?* I had not gone online to see all these rule changes you guys were talking about.?* Allowing turbos free boost in SP pretty much kills the E36 M3 in BSP.?* It was almost dead anyway.?* Unlimited boost with a stock turbo is pretty limited anyway.?* Plus, the SP rules apply to STU so the M3 is really screwed.?* What can an Evo or STi do with a stock turbo??* Did you see the ZHP 330i gets moved to DS??* Might be a good car for that class.?*

From what I have read on Fastrack and sccaforums.com I got the impression that the "unlimited boost" idea was part of a 3 rule change.?* It would bump rally cars to ASP but allow the ASP N/A cars open cams to compensate.?* Also kick the C4's upto ASP too.

Maybe I read it wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

'11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
          I spoke with Andy Hollis about this recently. The idea is to allow unlimited boost with stock turbos and see just how much faster these boosted cars get. THEN they'll be re-classed accordingly. Frankly, it'll be a good thing for us non-boosted types because the boost buggies will be bumped up at least one class as a result of this.

But, I don't believe ST_ follows Street Prepared in this regard.

T
          Read the rules, it says that since ST follows SP then it will be unlimited boost as well.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Paul

From what I have read on Fastrack and sccaforums.com I got the impression that the "unlimited boost" idea was part of a 3 rule change.?* It would bump rally cars to ASP but allow the ASP N/A cars open cams to compensate.?* Also kick the C4's upto ASP too.

Maybe I read it wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
            Not sure, but the SC magazine didn't mention any of that stuff about cams.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I just read August FasTrack and it is newer than what I had read before. So "open boost" and BSP for the rally cars is what is proposed at this time. That does not mean open boost for STU though. If it doesn't say "yes", that means "no".
              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Nope, it specifically says ST follows SP rules meaning boost for those cars. I'll look it up and quote it here.

OOPS. You're right. It says STx cars can compete in SP. I got that wrong.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                X