Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plans For Weekend of July 22-24 in Dallas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans For Weekend of July 22-24 in Dallas?

Was thinking of coming up to Big D on the weekend of July 22-24 since my g/f will be out of town. Ideally, it'd be cool to do some mountain biking and maybe an autocross, but that's not necessary. Anything good going on that weekend?

T
    2001 Jeep Wrangler
    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
    Front LCA Bushing Swap
    E36 Custom Cat Back
    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
    Diff Swap

ER event at Pennington on the 24th.

I think the 23rd would be an excellent day to go to Erwin and ride.

So you can have both things to do if you come up. =)
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I'll be there on the 24th. Now that I'm all married, I need to continue the quest for more seat time in a big way.
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by C3
        I'll be there on the 24th. Now that I'm all married, I need to continue the quest for more seat time in a big way.
        And congrats on that, BTW!

I may look into planning a trip up there. Would anyone else be up for a ride? What kind of trails? What kind of distance? What kind of pace? I have no idea what y'all's rides are like....

T
        2001 Jeep Wrangler
        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
        Front LCA Bushing Swap
        E36 Custom Cat Back
        Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
          Originally posted by C3
          And congrats on that, BTW!

I may look into planning a trip up there. Would anyone else be up for a ride? What kind of trails? What kind of distance? What kind of pace? I have no idea what y'all's rides are like....

T
          I won't do Pennington on the 24th (don't be disappointed, Tommy, Mineral Wells is where it's all at! ) but, I'd be up for the 23rd.

Not sure where Erwin is, but I really liked one of the Grapevine ones that rides alongside the lake for the first 2 miles - very scenic and nicely done trail. Bar H in Gainesville really rocks, but is 1 hour from here...

I'm a slow pace - I stop as often as Paul does for smoke breaks

Tommy: Here all of the DFW trails: http://www.dorba.org/
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
          Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

I'd likely be up for a ride if I could get some bike transport help. I'm a total noob tho so I'm sure I'll ride slowly.
            Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

My bike rack can take two bikes. Of course, this is assuming we don't just pile into some pick-ups.

T
              2001 Jeep Wrangler
              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
              Front LCA Bushing Swap
              E36 Custom Cat Back
              Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                I'd likely be up for a ride if I could get some bike transport help. I'm a total noob tho so I'm sure I'll ride slowly.
                But you don't have a bike. I have a tall green one I can loan you though.

Originally posted by Tommy
                Our rides ("our" since I've been on exactly one so far) are HARD CORE. You couldn't hang. We might just play BF2 instead in order to preserve your health and ego.
                "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
                http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

This one is Bar H, actually mountainous...ain't Austin Hill Country..but fun!

http://www.dorba.org/trails/trail_guide/barh.html

This is the one I've liked best thus far:
                  http://www.dorba.org/trails/trail_guide/nshore.html
                  Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                  Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                    I won't do Pennington on the 24th (don't be disappointed, Tommy, Mineral Wells is where it's all at!
                    I think the real reason is that you are afraid of the real compatition that ER has vice the BMW/Porche events you have run at Pennington only weeks ago.

Pennington is closer to the Nationals surface than anywhere else we are going to run (or so I have been told by people who have been there).
                    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                    X