Functional PC!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Functional PC!

Due to the recent upgrade, I've got a good PC that is basically going to be going to waste. For those that saw it, this is the system that was in the briefcase mod I did. Plenty of 0wn4g3 was done in Rogue Spear and Doom 3 on this PC.

Quick rundown:
    Abit KT7-RAID motherboard
    Athlon Thunderbird 750MHz (overclocks to a stable 1.1GHz, verifiable by Duck and SeanT)
    Heatsink and fan (already installed)
    384MB of RAM
    GeForce2MX AGP video card
    Maxtor 12.something GB hard drive
    Sound Blaster Live PCI sound card
    Linksys 10/100 PCI net card

The only thing this set-up needs to run is a 250W or greater power supply and a case to go in. It would make a great server or storage machine. I simply have no space for it. If you saw my room, you'd understand. That, and I've just got too much computer cr4p as it is (yes, Fair, you CAN have too much).

Thoughts? What's it worth? $100 for the lot of it?

And, I'll even throw in an ISA modem card and a Voodoo2 PCI video card for FREE!
    '05 STi
    Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Re: Functional PC!

Originally posted by Oversteer
    Due to the recent upgrade, I've got a good PC that is basically going to be going to waste. For those that saw it, this is the system that was in the briefcase mod I did. Plenty of 0wn4g3 was done in Rogue Spear and Doom 3 on this PC.

Quick rundown:
    Abit KT7-RAID motherboard
    Athlon Thunderbird 750MHz (overclocks to a stable 1.1GHz, verifiable by Duck and SeanT)
    Heatsink and fan (already installed)
    384MB of RAM
    GeForce2MX AGP video card
    Maxtor 12.something GB hard drive
    Sound Blaster Live PCI sound card
    Linksys 10/100 PCI net card

The only thing this set-up needs to run is a 250W or greater power supply and a case to go in. It would make a great server or storage machine. I simply have no space for it. If you saw my room, you'd understand. That, and I've just got too much computer cr4p as it is (yes, Fair, you CAN have too much).

Thoughts? What's it worth? $100 for the lot of it?

And, I'll even throw in an ISA modem card and a Voodoo2 PCI video card for FREE!
    Will it play GTR ?
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Functional PC!

Cody might have gifted a stick of RAM to bump that to 512k memory assuming all the slots aren't taken up. I haven't looked to see if it's the right kind or not though but let me know if anyone wants to try it out.
      "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
      http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Re: Functional PC!

Originally posted by Dean!
        Will it play GTR ?
        It might. It's on the bottom end of what the minimum specs are listed at. If someone has a copy of GTR, I can scavenge a power supply to test it out.
        '05 STi
        Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Working...
        X