March 9, 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 9, 2005

"...while the top honor of the fun-to-drive category went to the Subaru Impreza WRX.STi, the report said."
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

March 9, 2005

That's because saying that the E36 is still the best handling street car doesn't sell headlines.
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

March 9, 2005

Considering they don't make the e36 anymore and it is referring to new cars, I would say you are half right.

Considering I have driven both, your arguement doesn't hold as much water as you think. Especially the "fun-to-drive" part.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

March 9, 2005

That's funny. You've smoked too many cigarettes since you owned a M3. Yes, I agree the STi is fun to drive. I have test driven and driven Dean's for a couple of days. Like it or not, it is still a fwd based, 60/40 weight distributed car. But, yes, it is fun to drive just not AS fun as a M3, IMO. For 30k it is a great car, no doubt.

Paul, what you're experiencing is called cognitive dissonance. HAHA.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

March 9, 2005

lets put htis to rest

e36 = best handling street car with 4 seats
            STi = most fun to drive with 4 seats

C5/C6 owns us both.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
            X