The Clubhouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clubhouse

The Clubhouse was very very good. Good music, great scenery, good drink policy. Good call, Dean. Some of the DSM people = squirrels, but we managed to hang out with the older/cooler ones. O'Hater's was better this time, even with 35 people eating - faster service. Food still cleaned me out.

The 15 passenger van was great for the drunks but it kinda made us get stuck "with the crowd". The 2 hour IHOP clusterf*** could have been avoided. Getting home at 5 am = rough the next day. Next time we go with this crowd we will designate a driver and take the 540.

Most memorable parts of the evening (non-incriminating only! SeanT, please admin if necessary!!!)

1. The squirrel in the Z06 that we followed to IHOP at 2:30 am drifting through a corner.... RIGHT IN FRONT OF AN IRVING POLICE TAHOE! Then said cop almost hitting the Party Van. Watching the po-po congregate on the Z06 in the IHOP parking lot = PRICELESS. We were in the van and someone yelled... "Hey, that's a cop! *BRAHHH! SCREETCH!* Oh... no he just didn't do that in front of him! WHOA! WATCH OUT FOR THE COP! *SCREEEECH*"

2. The kid that was puking out of the van's side door in the middle of an intersection through 3 light cycles. He almost projectile vomitted in Paul's lap.

3. Mini me. That's all we can say about her other than I now understand Oversteer's micro-babe inclination.

4. Beetlejuice. The stockings. You know the one.

5. The chick with the whip. No thanks! She kicked some people's asses.

6. BYOB clubs (and all that entails) rock. Well, at least this one did. It broke the stereotype. No women with tatoos of daggers, chicks with wooden legs or eye patches, etc. Not paying $5 a drink saved most of us $$, even with a $17 cover charge (!?). I never bought one "set-up" ($5 coke and ice) and the $10 tub of ice lasted all evening for 2+ cases of beer.

7. First time a certain tall guy didn't get a "2-fer". Took restraint.

8. I had to wash my hair 2 times to get the smoke smell out. Burned my clothes.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

The Clubhouse

Originally posted by dean
    Saturday was fun!

Good times to be had by all.

Most diverse grouping of people out there... which ended up still be very cool... from jet airplane mechanics to park place mercedes mechanics to business owners to secretaries....

From 19 yr old to 40 year olds (coughFAIRcough) ...

From Datsuns to Mazda Proteges to Wrx to DSMs to 04 Z06's squealing tires...

35+ people for dinner and 25+ people at the after dinner festivities.

Nokia is my favorite cell phone company now.... my phone went places I didn't know existed - I had only seen that stuff on cable tv through all of the scrambled lines....
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
    X