adventures in road racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adventures in road racing

We are going to be out at TWS this coming weekend (Jan 8/9) running the ITS car with SCCA. If you are in the area, stop by the garages and say hi.

I'm going to be trying out a new all digital in car video system, so hopefully there will be some good stuff to post afterwards.

Jeff
    ITS #91

I posted a highlight movie from the Jan 8th race.

www.rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/results and look for the link to the Jan 8th event.

Sat qual - I tried a shorter ratio diff and a welded center section. The gearing was too short as I bounced on the rev limiter alot farther down the straight than I had planned. Also the welded section induced a wicked push. That setup was yoinked out for Sat race 1.

Race 1 - I tried to cheap out on tires and the car had zero grip. It ended up causing me to spin entering T1 at 125+. By far the biggest spin I have ever had. I was able to rejoin the race but I had not only flatspotted the tires, but cut one down into base nylon. I rejoined the race during a full yellow, and on the next lap the right front dropped air pressure in T12 shooting me off the back of the turn. The right front was corded ~ 40% around the inside edge and the flat spot went into the last layer of cords.

Race 2 - Started DFL due to the tire, but was on much newer Hoosiers. I had some fun coming from the back of the pack to end up 1st in ITS and 4th overall.

Final race - I was not able to recorded this one, but there is not much to show. I ended up 1st in ITS and 2nd overall. Only 'cool' thing was I almost parked in a truck of a FactoryFive Cobra when he blew 4th gear outta the tranny coming onto the front straight. My cat like reflexes saved me again

Next race should be March 12th back at TWS. Sorry for the slow network speed and lame website.

Jeff

Comment

We will be back at at TWS this weekend (March 12 and 13th). If anyone is around, stop by the garage for ITS #91 and say Howdy. We will be running the 1.8 version of the track backwards (clockwise). Turns out it is a fun modification to the track, though the entry to the now T1 can be kinda hairy. The top speed is actually higher running it this direction since you can power on through the long sweeper leading into the front straight.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the race updates - one of these weekends I'd like to check it all out...this weekend is a BMWCCA autocross... otherwise BCS sounds like another fun road trip, with some good racing to watch!
        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Hope to get my SCCA card (with crew endorsement) this week. I'll try to stop in and holla at ya.
          Gary Hood

Comment

G-man, I'll put you on my crew entry list so they don't try to hit you up for the whopping $5 entry. Tell them ITS #91. Hope to see ya out there.

FYi I'l buy your GTO if you drive it into a lake or something so I can buy it as a salvage title for stupid cheap. Would make a great American Iron car...

Jeff

Comment

Quick update, we ran a few weekends ago at TWS 1.8 clockwise. Had a blast and a pretty nice weekend. ITS had a pretty small field, like me only but the weekend was not a total loss, I was able to set a new race track record for ITS, woot!

I got some cool incar footage since most people have not seen TWS run backwards, but have been 1) too swamped to edit it and 2) offline for a week due to random router crashes....

We will be back out at TWS April 2 running the 2.9 mile course. My group only runs Saturday but I'll probably be out their all weekend helping some buds with their cars as well. The offer stands, stop by and say hi. Warn me in advance and I might have an empty spot on my crew list.

Advance warning!! The next next event is a 3 day weekend at TMS in Fort Worth. May 6-8 and I'm gonna be pretty pissed if some of you Dallas bums do not stop by and say hi.

Jeff

Comment

Remind us that week and I'm sure we can come by.
                -Sean Martin
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Ok, my ITA car should be back on track soon and I was looking
                  at the May race dates and it says:

Club Racing
                  Saturday - Regional Races
                  Sunday - National Races
                  Host region: Lone Star. Track: TWS 2.9 mi. CCW

---

tee DOUBLEYOU esss..

not

tee eeemmmmmmm esss...

hmm...

any ideas?

Costas

Comment

Quick update: posted a incar of the clockwise version of TWS 1.8.
                    www.rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/media
                    Use right click, save as. Sever is slow.
                    You actually hit a higher top speed clockwise, kind of a fun version.

Paul, not sure where you were looking, but check it;
                    http://www.sowdivscca.org/calendar.aspx
                    May 5-6 Reg/Nat/Rist Reg tee emmmm essss

an den

May 28-29 Reg/Nat tee doubleU essss

no more an den

Jeff
                    - leaving for the track.... now!

Comment

Working...
                    X