1/8 mile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/8 mile?

Anyone want to go drag racing? I figure I can't really autocross, but I can practice my ProSolo starts. Where and when? When's the one in Denton open?
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

1/8 mile?

I'd be done for it. The clutch is FINALLY broken in so I'm good to go. (YES, the bird is ready to race again!!!)
    McCall

Comment

1/8 mile?

Funk dat 1/8th mile noise... lets go to Ennis and run a 1/4! it's almost as far to go to Texas Motorplex as it is to go to some of Dean's "it's 15 minutes away" 1/8th mile hooptitracks.

bad time of year for any dragstrips, tho - cold temps and they usually shut down.

Let's look for an upcomign saturday on their schedule...

http://www.texasmotorplex.com/calendar/

looks like they are closed november? nothing scheduled. Ovtober had three weekend nights for street cars.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

1/8 mile?

PUHLEEZ... Kennedale is BY FAR the best (30 minutes from MY house).. Denton is far and crummy and has a gravel road to get to the actual track off the feeder road...

1/4mi don't matter when the TOPIC CREATOR needs to practice PROSOLO STARTS...

The difference in 1/4 and 1/8 is an extra shift to 4th gear, who cares... pull back from 3rd, grab 4th, go another 1/8 mile to finish the quarter...

REAL RACING is the launch, the bogging, traction, the 60' times, it'll be won or loss by the 60' time....and that's where you can practice at the 1/8 mile and get MULTIPLE RUNS PER NIGHT (like 15-20...)

Ferry: Have you been to Ennis since Honda Civics started getting modified?? You'll get 1 run an HOUR assuming a DSM Eclipse doesn't oil the entire track when it breaks... If you bog that one run... you've now spent 2 hours to make 2 runs.... Ennis is overgrown with ricers...

1/8 mi racing is where it's all at....

Originally posted by Fair!
        Funk dat 1/8th mile noise... lets go to Ennis and run a 1/4! it's almost as far to go to Texas Motorplex as it is to go to some of Dean's "it's 15 minutes away" 1/8th mile hooptitracks.

bad time of year for any dragstrips, tho - cold temps and they usually shut down.

Let's look for an upcomign saturday on their schedule...

http://www.texasmotorplex.com/calendar/

looks like they are closed november? nothing scheduled. Ovtober had three weekend nights for street cars.
        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Re: 1/8 mile?

Originally posted by hancheyb
          Anyone want to go drag racing? I figure I can't really autocross, but I can practice my ProSolo starts. Where and when? When's the one in Denton open?
          Anyhoo, all of them that I know of are closed anyway....

Nice timing, Hanchey....
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

I figure I can't really autocross
            I just wanted to quote that....

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
              I figure I can't really autocross
              I just wanted to quote that....
              BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!1
              McCall

Comment

1/8 mile?

AH. Now I see why that's in your sig. Do I need to edit your sig?
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

1/8 mile?

AH. Now I see why that's in your sig. Do I need to edit your sig?
                  You already did!

Comment

Working...
                  X